shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a nice stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
I am looking at the stone. The store is asking for $10,000. I can probably negotiate the price down to $9,500. Can someone please comment on this stone without asking me for the crown and pavillion angles.

GIA
Carat: 1.21
Color: F
Clarity: VVS2
Table: 56%
Depth: 61%
Girdle: Medium
Cullet: None
Fluorencense: Faint
Polish: Exellence
Symmetry: Exellence

Thanks for you help.

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
Well looking here on pricescope the same color, clarity and size is going for between $8,479-10,179. So I'm not too sure about the price.

If you want more answers, you'll need measurments. dimensions, and crown and pavilion angles. Then you'll be able to figure out if its good cut wise.

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
Are you sure this is a fair price look up? It's an H&A. We look at the H&A scope and the arrows and hearts are pretty clear and symmetrical. The jeweller guarantee that an independent appraiser will agree that this is a H&A or money back.

Thanks for your help.

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
Well it may be a good price. You didn't mention that it was a H&A in your original post.

The only thing is, just because its an H&A doesnt mean that its necessarily ideal cut. It could in theory be a rock that's really poorly cut but with internal symmetry that makes those patterns show up.

I'd get the angles to be sure, but perhaps that's just me. If you're just going for H&A though and you're happy with the price do it.

james100

Rough_Rock
For your reference, I bought a H&A RB1.39FVS2 from GOG for $10200, no flr,ex/ex.You can see it at the online website of Goodoldgold under educational diamonds. This should give you an indication of what you should be getting for your $10K.
wavey.gif

Acclaim

Rough_Rock
Thank you James,

I understand that there is a quite a difference in price when you go from a VS2 to a VV2. I will use this a reference.

I have followed this forum for 6 months, and I notice that the internet vendors can provide you with the crown and pavillion angles when asked. But for a B&M store, they all have trouble giving you the angles. Most vendors I talked to (even Tiffany & Birks), don't know where they can get the angles. They honestly don't know anyone with a Sarin machine. However, they will provide you with a couple stone to look at so that you can compare.

I don't have any problem buying on the internet. I live in Canada and a stone like this will cost me more when ordered through the internet. I will have to pay 10% luxury tax, custom fee, insurance and shipping. I can get this GIA, H&A 1.21, F, VVS2 here in Toronto for $US 9,500 tax included.

kiwifuz

Rough_Rock
Well then if you're set on it and think it's a good deal go for it.

I'll be completely honest by saying that looking at some diamonds in a store, under their lights, wouldn't make me believe for a second that they are ideal cut. Too many dead lifeless diamonds don't look horrible in those lights that would in my own home.

As for places not being able to get the angles. Its been discussed on here quite a bit that Tiffany's measures these but doesn't release the info for who knows what reason... But if you're fine buying without knowing them go for it. If you're happy with the price then why not just do it? Just remember an H&A guarantees you nothing more than hearts and arrows, nothing at all, but it could also be an ideal cut diamond, you just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results