shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good ring to set my diamond in

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
So it is time for me to think about setting my diamond.
I have found this ring that I like at an auction house. To me it is pretty but I dont know much about rings and can't really see if it is well made or not.
That is why I am asking you for your help.
Does it look as a well made ring of good quality?
Are the prongs fine?
I gave 0.6ct diamont to set, will it look good in a setting like this, or is this setting better for larger diamonds?

I couldnt save the image so here is a link to the ring.

http://www.kaplans.se/sv/vara/674292/bilder/touch?image=0

DenirDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Dear LaSuecia,

The setting you chose is really a beautiful and timeless piece, of which you will have great pleasure over a long period of time.

As far as I can see on the picture, the finish is stunning with great attention to details. I specifically love the wavy decoration under the small diamonds. Make sure the small diamonds set on the side the center stone, are at least of SI clarity, otherwise they will not have as much sparkle.

The prongs for the stone enable you to fit almost any size stone you like, as they are easily adjustable by a jeweler. As far as I can guess from the image, it is suitable for approximately a stone size 0.35 to 0.70 carat.

I do hope this was helpful!

Michael Aghbashoff

LaSuecia

Rough_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
You helped me a lot:).
They are of VS quality so I should be fine.
Again, thank you so much!!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LaSuecia|1443086724|3931187 said:
To me it is pretty but I dont know much about rings and can't really see if it is well made or not.
That is why I am asking you for your help.
Does it look as a well made ring of good quality?
Are the prongs fine?

I will agree with the advice you received from DenirDiamonds, but - as you indicated - pictures alone will not allow you to determine quality of the ring itself. Is this a singular piece or do they have several - meaning is this a stock photograph or an actual image? If a prong were to break, or a side diamond come unseated is there recourse or warranty from the seller?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i had this setting once on my 1.63 VVS I color faint fluorescence (just had my stone appraised :)

This setting was my favorite and I wish I never changed it, too late though as I made a ring out of the side diamonds and sold the 18K gold :(

this is classic, timeless and shows any diamond wonderfully.

best of luck.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1443290917|3932127 said:
i had this setting once on my 1.63 VVS I color faint fluorescence (just had my stone appraised :)

This setting was my favorite and I wish I never changed it, too late though as I made a ring out of the side diamonds and sold the 18K gold :(

this is classic, timeless and shows any diamond wonderfully.

best of luck.

Tekate: do you know who manufactures this ring, or where the OP might buy the setting new?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results