shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mizzou

Rough_Rock
Both are Princess Cut

.81ct
Measurements:
confused.gif
Don''t remember, I looked really square
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 69%
Table: 72%
Crown: 8%
Cert: IGS
Price: $2637

or

.96ct H+ VS1+ 5.30mm x 5.10mm x 4.05mm

No Cert

$3100

I don''t know much else about this diamond since it didn''t come with a certification. I am going to go back in there today and ask if they can give me more information on it.

From reading on here and looking at the tutorial it seems that it is better to have a more depth% then Table%.

Thanks for any and all advice!!

Andy

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mizzou, I ran a price comparison for both stones. Assuming grading (color and clarity) is accurate, the prices are reasonable.

At any rate, you'll be safer checking them with independent appraiser because of their certificates.

mizzou

Rough_Rock
I believe I am going to buy the second diamond. Because the H+ color looked good to me in the normal light and I am worried the inclusions in the 1st diamond, will stand out more when the diamond starts to get a little dirty. I notice a few of the inclusions under the 10x loop in the 1st diamond. From the grading report picture, it looked like there were quite a few dots all over the table.

For the 2nd diamond

When I went in today I asked if I could view the diamond outside and could not notice any color. It looked as white as could be. And when I compared it to some GIA certified G color diamonds about the same size it looked about the same or even a little whiter to me. I also looked at the diamond under a 20x loop for a few min and I couldn't notice any inclusions, from either side of the diamond.

How much does it cost to send a diamond off to get a cert from GIA? If it is a lot of money, is it worth it? I asked the Dealer today and he told me about $300 to $400 for shipping and grading. Is that right? Should I just send it to someone on the appraisers list that is near me? And if so that would be Michele Daniels from KS.

Thanks for the help,

Andy

Sorry for all of the questions!!

mizzou

Rough_Rock
lickout.gif
bump
lickout.gif

mizzou

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know how much it costs?
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results