shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tonia

Rough_Rock
I am looking at purchasing a diamond that is E.G.L. Certified. I really need to know a few things about what is on the certification before I know if I should buy it.

Shape: Emerald Step
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Measurements: 7.64 X 5.43 X 3.39 mm
Depth: 62.5
Table: 72.0
Crown: 7.9
Pavilion: 52.2
Girdle: Thin to Sl. thick polished
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Culet: Very Small

That is the info on the ring. Does this sound like a good "quality" ring? About all I know is that the VS2 clarity is good and the I color is good. I need help with the rest.

Any response will be GREATLY apprecaited!

Jbrobinson

Rough_Rock
Not a good balance of color/clarity in my opinion. BTW how big of a stone is it, how much $$ is it? OH and in my opinoin EGL is SHADY, the stones i have seen that were EGL didn't impress me. IGI or GIA in my opinion. Try to get a replacement value with it, IGI doesn't always give replacement no bigger stones, anyone know why that is?

Tonia

Rough_Rock
The main stone (which is E.G.L. certified) is a 1.29 Emerald Cut. It is $4500.00

Why do you say that the color and clarity aren't a good balance?

Thanks so much!

Tonia

lacina

Shiny_Rock
Hi I don't know how can you can the ballance of color/clarity is off,..
This all depends on your budget Sure the stone is cheapper than D/IF but
trully colorgrading emerald cuts is difficult. I would be concerned about Egl being off on the color at least a shade,.. Why? Because of the Faint fluorescence. The fluorescence in this case is a good think the stone will look whiter in UV light!
Another think you need to look at is the clarity. Emerald cut is the most honest stone where the facets do not hide the inclusions well so you can sometimes see them with your naked eye even on VS2 stone. But that is your personal choice,...
The cut is ok,... I would like to say I dont like to see any size culet because this cut will possibly show it as a small window. This is something you need to judge for your self before buying the stone
Price? Fair,..
Best
George
GLE GEM Imports

Tonia

Rough_Rock
George,

I certainly appreciate your reply.

I'm just trying to find a "quality" diamond that I can afford. My husband and I have been searching the internet for some time trying to find a "quality" diamond. I was looking for a diamond that was no less than J color and VS2 clarity. I was originally looking for a round stone but came upon this emerald cut. The center stone (which is the one that is E.G.L. certified) is 1.29 ct and it has 1 tcw worth of bagettes on the sides.

Do you think the depth, table, crown and pavilion are within the guidlines of a "quality" stone?

I am looking for a ring that makes people go WOW! I think you understand what I mean! *L*

Help!

Tonia

Jbrobinson

Rough_Rock
Here's what i meant; The diamond has an excellent clarity, but i think it would be hard to appreciate a VS clarity with a color less than a G. Go compare a H stone to a E or F stone and i don't think you can go back to a H. I would personally go for a SI1, F-G stone. The advantage of SI1 is the inclusino is going to be hidden by a prong, so even though the VS2 has a smaller inclusion, it will be near the center. It might even hurt the return of light more with the inclusion being near the center.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results