shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good price?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a cute pearl and enamel cluster ring priced at $325 at a store today. The seller said it was an antique or estate ring (I don't remember which) and said it was underpriced just based on the price of gold and he was going to raise the price if I didn't buy it. The ring was too big so I'd have to see if it can be sized. I'm not too experienced with jewelry in general, let alone pearls, rings and antiques. The seller said he'd hold the ring until Friday. After returning home, I poked around online using terms "pearl blue enamel cluster ring" and found the same ring on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 610wt_1139

The ring on ebay is $450 which make the one in the store seem like a better price, but it could be that they're both overpriced with the ebay one being more overpriced? Or is the one in the store really a good deal? What do you think?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it seems that was likely a good deal because although I got no replies after 20 views, the ring is no longer available on ebay. Last night I showed it to my friend who studies, collects and sells jewelry and he thought it was a good deal. Glad I'll still be able to get the same ring for a lower price than that ebay listing. I wonder if a PSer purchased the one in the link I posted. If so, I'll have a ring twin out there.

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
Noobody can make the comment because the link to the ebay is not working.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link was working yesterday after I posted it, but not today because it is no longer listed (perhaps purchased as a result of increased exposure to pearl lovers). I sent the link to my friend who studies, collects and sells jewelry. He looked at it last night and thought it was a good deal, but he didn't buy it. It was a cute ring. If I get the one I looked at in a store yesterday I'll post a picture.

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
It doesn't work yesterday when you post it either. You can see the link in your post and that Pricescope automatic make it short but broke it when it is short. So nobody here can see it unless they search like you do "pearl blue enamel cluster ring"

I just do this one search on ebay and now i see the ring for $450 from diamonddr16 and nobody buy it yet.

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
I can't comment about price also because I don't know the enamel cost. But I know that they say the pearl is south sea but that's not true. It must be akoya or freshwater.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for letting me know about the link, Kaori Oku. I'll have to make sure to notice that if I post a link again. I thought I tested the link yesterday, then must have done a different search on ebay this morning because I didn't see it.

Anyway, I'm not too knowledgeable about pearls. Why do you think the type of pearl is other than what is stated by the ebay seller?

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
It's not south sea for 100% certain. It's because the size is too small for the south sea. The nucleus always going to be a lot bigger than that. Also not keshi because the shape so it's not south sea but maybe akoya or freshwater.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results