shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good price mp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikeper66

Rough_Rock
sorry to all who read my first post it was all over the place. I found a loose round diamond 1.5 carat f-color si1 59-table 61depth polish and semmetry both verygood. Thanks for any help

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 2:47:57 PM
Author:mikeper66
sorry to all who read my first post it was all over the place. I found a loose round diamond 1.5 carat f-color si1 59-table 61depth polish and semmetry both verygood. Thanks for any help

Hi again Mike.

Sorry we still need more info please. Can you find out and post the info requested below please?

Type of lab grading report such as GIA, AGS, EGL etc. This has a big influence on price.

On the report you should be able to find the following info which would also be very helpful-

crown and pavilion angles or percents ( these are crucial to judge the cut of the diamond)
girdle thickness
fluorescence if applicable.

If you could get the above info then we can go from there. Also is the diamond for sale online or with a store jeweller? Typically diamonds sold online can be less expensive than brick and mortar stores.

mikeper66

Rough_Rock
I paid $9000.00 what else do you need?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 2:55:13 PM
Author: mikeper66
I paid $9000.00 what else do you need?
I think I was adding to my post as you posted this, the info is there now that we need please!

mikeper66

Rough_Rock
it''s gia certified no florescence from what i see there isn''t crown angles on the cert.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 3:02:34 PM
it''s gia certified no florescence from what i see there isn''t crown angles on the cert.
The price looks reasonable compared to other diamonds of similar size and specs doing a search above. Without the angles we won''t be able to tell how well the diamond is cut, it probably isn''t cut to the very strict standards we see with some diamonds here going by the table size and polish and symmetry grades, but without the angles it is hard to tell much more. Can you request the crown and pavilion angles from the seller, or an Idealscope or ASET image if the diamond is being sold online?

mikeper66

Rough_Rock
i called the jeweler he said gia doesn''t put crown angles on their certificate

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:14:08 PM
i called the jeweler he said gia doesn''t put crown angles on their certificate
Most do include this information, especially for larger stones. At first glace the table is a bit large for my taste, but without the crown/pavillion angles it''s hard to stay whether it would be a performance issue or not.

mikeper66

Rough_Rock
thanks for your help

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 3:14:08 PM
i called the jeweler he said gia doesn't put crown angles on their certificate
Yes they do, with the reports from the past few years!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results