shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price for this Sapphire necklace?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elnino2783

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I was looking at this necklace but it seems to me like it might be overpriced at $499. I figure the diamonds are really boosting the price, but I really like the design and the fact that there is a matching ring to go along with it.

Necklace at $499:
http://www.benbridge.com/bb_store/catalog/Sapphire--diamond-pendant-14K-p-8674.html

Matching Ring at $595:
http://www.benbridge.com/bb_store/catalog/Sapphire--diamond-ring-14K-p-8677.html

Feel free to let me know what you think, or maybe even provide another similar product from another reputable retailer/shop.

Thanks in advance!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely think the price is more reflective of the diamonds and gold than the sapphires.

I'm not much experienced at buying diamond jewelery, so no real comment on price. They only diamond pendant I own is from Whiteflash.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
There''s no real information on the diamonds beyond the tcw and no information at all about the sapphires (are they natural? synthetic? heated?). To me it looks like the sort of jewelry you might find at Macy''s and the prices are about in line with what I''d expect to see listed at Macy''s, but I don''t have much experience buying that type of jewelry so I don''t know whether the price is reasonable.

I also really like the design, but I personally would not buy it because there''s just not enough information listed and the sapphires look a little inky to me. With better-quality stones I would like it more; as is, it''s a very pretty design but I wouldn''t pay $500 for it.

elnino2783

Rough_Rock
Liane, that was my line of thinking as well. It''s a rather small pendant as it is when you view the additional pictures with the inch scale, so I doubt anyone would be able to tell if the the gems are any good anyways. Really to make this thing shine you need a mix of shiny white metal and gems to contrast well with the blue. And for the size of the actual gems they have on this thing the price didn''t seem justified.

Now if only i can find this design or something similar somewhere else.

A note on the Ben Bridge store: They are in all of the local malls around me but do carry much higher quality items and many unique designs which is why i like to go in the store to begin with. The only problem is the store reeks of over priced when I go in there. While I would be willing to pay a premium for their unique designs, they tend to go for the jugular when they price their items and charge higher than what I feel is a rational premium.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results