shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good price for an Asscher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hs8784

Rough_Rock
Hi -
Looking to get engaged within the month.

Found an 1.74ct E colored, Weak SI1- Asscher Cut - Sym and Pol were good and vg. Price $10,200

Is it possible to get better clarity & cut for cheaper either through the internet and/or retail?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

hs8784

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:30:43 PM
Author:hs8784
Hi -
Looking to get engaged within the month.
Found an 1.74ct E colored, Weak SI1- Asscher Cut - Sym and Pol were good and vg. Price $10,200
Is it possible to get better clarity & cut for cheaper either through the internet and/or retail?
Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks,
hs8784
Hi hs8784 and WELCOME to Pricescope!
35.gif

Sounds like it might be a good deal, but most folks here will probably want more info to really understand what you are looking at. First and foremost, was this a certified stone and if so, what lab? GIA, EGL, etc?

If it wasn't a certified stone, you will need to have an independent appraiser look at it (maybe even 2) to confirm the stats. It might also be a good idea to have an independent appraiser look at it if the lab is anything other than GIA.

Thanks for consulting us on this important decision! Hope you will find the answers you are looking for.

hs8784

Rough_Rock
Thanks Star!

yes it''s GIA but other then that info above, I have nothing else.

It was the 1st stone I looked at - I wasn''t happy with the 3 inclusions I saw right there on top of the table.

I figure if that is the going rate, well then I will just have to wait untill I could afford a stone with better clarity.

appreciate the help, I will remember to jot down more stats so I can post them here for advice.

Thanks again for responding.

hs8784

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do a search at that top of the page for what you are looking for and that will help you out. Good Luck!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy has a good suggestion. On my Mac, I have to do the search from the homepage. Some suggestions for search parameters:

Asscher
1.5-1.8 carats
D-H (or even I) color
FL-VS2 clarity

You can also try to narrow the table and depth parameters. Most folks will tell you, it''s really important to actually see the stone. There can be a lot of variability with fancy shapes, so you want one that is cut to your liking. If you go the route of the internet, try consulting one of the vendors here such as Whiteflash or Good Old Gold to source a stone for you.

Most folks will also tell you to stay VS2 or above for asschers. Because of the nature of the cut, inclusions can be really visible. There are a few really good threads in the FAQ''s section for more info. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results