shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good pair of diamonds for studs?

wvvm

Rough_Rock
I ordered these and just after I hit "submit" on the order, buyer's remorse set in. (They're returnable if necessary.)

Will these diamonds work nicely together? Are they good diamonds or are there red (or yellow) flags?

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide. You were all extremely helpful to lurker me when I was researching the purchase :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first one is pretty good. The second one is not cut well. Is there a reason you're going for such high clarity for earrings, which won't be viewed closely?

wvvm

Rough_Rock
The first one is pretty good. The second one is not cut well. Is there a reason you're going for such high clarity for earrings, which won't be viewed closely?

No great reason. As a beginner to all of this I figured going for higher cs would make the process more foolproof? I certainly could have done it wrong!

Would you mind pointing me to red flags in the stones so I can learn? Would you be able to recommend a really great pair of around that size (or if not that size, a bit smaller) to me?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No great reason. As a beginner to all of this I figured going for higher cs would make the process more foolproof? I certainly could have done it wrong!

Would you mind pointing me to red flags in the stones so I can learn? Would you be able to recommend a really great pair of around that size (or if not that size, a bit smaller) to me?

The cut quality of the diamond is what determines how much it'll sparkle. Most folks on here would consider IF clarity overkill, especially for earrings.

The black triangles between the base of the arrows indicate an unevenly cut pavilion, which may result in leakage.

I found a beautiful pair for you. But lurkers often snatch up recommended stones, so let me know when you're online and ready to put them on hold or purchase.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget @wvvm ? You may be in the Super Ideal range.

wvvm

Rough_Rock
What is your budget @wvvm ? You may be in the Super Ideal range.

$3-$5k probably, including the setting? I'm willing to spend what it takes to get truly excellent stones (and given that I'm looking at labs/1.5 tcw or a little less I think prices would all be within my comfort level?).

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
$3-$5k probably, including the setting? I'm willing to spend what it takes to get truly excellent stones (and given that I'm looking at labs/1.5 tcw or a little less I think prices would all be within my comfort level?).

Check these out...both have proportions and angles for great earrings:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didnt realize these were lab grown stones.

This needs to be moved to the lab grown forum...I'll ask admin.

The Lab grown forum is here:

wvvm

Rough_Rock

I’m sorry about that!!! Very new here :)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the pair I found:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

thanks. I was about to do that. best of luck with your question, OP

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results