shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Data-Man

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Thanks so much for reading. I've been reading some of the postings and find the threads very interesting. I thought got a good deal on a pair of earrings, but after reading about reflection..I'm not sure that is what it was called, I'm starting to doubt my purchase.

I bought a pair of diamond earrings about a year ago from BB&B, below are the details:

First Diamond
AGS Certified
Round Brilliant
5.99-6.06 x 3.72
Cut Grade - AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade - AGS 2.0 (H)
Clairty Grade - AGS 3 (VS1)
Carat Weight - 0.822

Second Diamond
AGS Certified
Round Brilliant
6.10-6.13 x 3.73
Cut Grade - AGS Ideal 0
Color Grade - AGS 1.5 (G)
Clarity Grade - AGS 4 (VS2)
Carat Weight - 0.835

The earring are set in Platinum with screw backs.

I paid 9K for the set. Did I make a good purchase? Any help would be appreciated. Please be kind, I don't want to feel like to much of a heel if I made a bad purchase.

Mike:read:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds sound very nice.

Sorry if it'd upset you but you could save a bit buying similar earrings from the internet. You could get similar stones for less than $4,000 each and the plattinum setting would cost you $300.

Do not be upset though and enjoy them.

Data-Man

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply. One thing I forgot to mention.

They are from the Lazare collection and have been inscribed on the girdle. Does that matter to price or re-sellability?

Thanks again
Mike

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
There are two reason to inscribe a stone:

1. To brand it

2. To make it easy to identify.

The first may or may not have value, I am not sure, depends on the brand. It would not to me.

The second also has no value since it is normal practice to use the inclusion map on the certificate and the weight plus dimensions to identify a stone. Kindof like using a fingerprint on a person instead of tattooing them with their social security number.

But it does not hurt either.

https://www.pricescope.com/origin.asp?id=115&sh=88&prc=3686 $3686

https://www.pricescope.com/origin.asp?id=205&sh=88&prc=3779 $3779.

Seems like it could be replaced for $8,000 online. You did not get ripped off at all, and you bought some really nice cuts. It was a fine purchase, maybe 10 to 12%% more than online prices but that is to be expected with B&M.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
They are from the Lazare collection and have been inscribed on the girdle. ----------------

This explains higher price.

----------------
Does that matter to price or re-sellability?
----------------

May be but I'm not sure.

Data-Man

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback. I feel a little better. My wife looks like a princess when she wears them. They are set very low in their settings so they ride perfectly on her ears. Thanks again for all the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results