shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond for my budget?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great. And it's lovely together!!

I agree on the engraving.

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Well despite the drama the set is lovely. I have had experiences similar to this and my advice is to let all that frustration go and focus on how happy SHE will be when she sees it. Not that you shouldn't follow up on any issues of concern or leave the critical review as you planned. I personally would not share all this brouhaha with your fiancé. All she needs to know is that you moved heaven and earth to have these rings made especially and uniquely for her. Lucky gal!! Best wishes for a wonderfully happy marriage

DennyCrane

Rough_Rock
It just keeps getting better...

So I proposed last week, and she accepted. This part is awesome! The problem is that my beautiful fiance has only been wearing the ring for 5 days, and just now she noticed that the diamond is loose in the setting. Not only are we upset about the sheer lack of quality control, but now we're paranoid that we could lose the rock. Is this normal?

I will call James Allan, but I don't really want to be shipping it across international borders again. Would this be easy/cheap enough for a local jeweler to do for me?

DennyCrane

Rough_Rock
So we went to our local mall. First two jewellers had to send it away. First one was $90 and the second was $40.

Then the third one told me about a goldsmith in the mall. Went there, and she said come back tomorrow at noon and her best guy will do it for $20. She said she would have done it for free, but she wasn't comfortable "messing with such a nice ring"! She thinks it's not set in the girdle properly (or something like that).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results