shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good diamond? And a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Macksimus

Rough_Rock
I have no clue about anything diamond related. I''ve been told the 4 C''s and I couldn''t tell the difference in anything I''ve seen. I know my girlfriend wants a cushion cut.

Here is a diamond I''m looking at: $4100

1.52 Carat Cusion Cut

G Color

SI-1 Clarity

Measurements: 5.64 - 6.80 - 4.77

Certificate: E.G.L

Polish: Good

Symmetry: Fair - Good

Help me, I''m clueless.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can do better (much better!)
if you were comparing stones of this quality, you weren''t seeing the good stuff. it''s like trying to decide which ''bad'' is better.
14.gif

call mark at www.engagementringsdirect.com and have him help you.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...it''s a cheap diamond, but that''s about all I can say about it. You don''t have any cut information such as depth, table, crown height, etc. Also, the good polish and fair symmetry are not acceptable, and what worries me is that EGL grading is usually softer than GIA/AGS, so these could even be worse than listed. Although polish/symmetry are only secondary, lower grades to me are signals of a cutter that lacked attention to detail. Belle''s suggestion about calling mark is a good one, he''s regarded here as the cushion guy here. However, jamesallen.com also has some lovely cushions and Jim Schultz is also very trustworthy. You might want to check him out as well. Good luck on your search.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results