shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jgbaylon

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.

I'm planning to buy a princess cut diamond ring and I've seen this ring on ebay. What attracted me to this ring is that, unlike other pictures I've seen, this one seems to be not digitally enhanced (but I don't know for sure), and the diamond seems to be of good quality for its price and the mounting/ring band I think is handmade (is that what it means when it says in their description "one of a kind hand-made ring"?).

Actually, I have a friend who already bought from their local store (physical store) and he said that their diamonds are very good. Has anyone here bought from / snipped: vendor disguised as a consumer asking for advise / and can say that these guys sell good diamonds?

I really just need to have a second opinion on this as my friend isn't at all an expert in this field.

The link to the item is here... please take a look and tell me if it's worth it:

snipped: vendor disguised as a consumer asking for advise

I really am not in a hurry to buy this diamond. I am just scouting as early as now.

Thanks in advance.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jgbaylon, welcome to the forum
1.gif

The problem with this diamond is that it doesn't have any grading report (certificate). Therefore one cannot be sure in accuracy of grading.

It's appraised for $6,500 which obviously too much for this ring.

At any rate, you might want to check vendor's return policies.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If $1500 is your budget and you just want as big of a rock as you can get...this may be the ring for you. There is NO WAY you can get a well cut princess stone of 1.33c even if its I1 for $1500. As Leo said the grading cannot be confirmed, and the appraisal is probably inflated for retail. The stone is an I1 which means that it has eye visible inclusions...which are not really shown in the picture.

The setting and ring do look lovely. If you have the budget I would suggest having the ring replicated and buying the stone separately so that you know exactly what type and cut quality of stone it is. You will have to spend more of course, I don't know what your situation is.

I just want to caution you about buying large jewelry purchases such as this on eBay. A few have been burned in the past, though there are some winners out there. Just be careful, $1500 is still a good chunk of money and you don't want to waste it on something that will not be what you wanted when you receive it. Make sure the seller has a return policy she will honor. Also be aware that going into a retail store and viewing the stone from this seller is different from purchasing online sight unseen with no grading cert, no enlarged images, nothing but the 2 little pictures they have. Just be cautious.

Good luck!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mara, sorry you wasted your time answering this question...
sad.gif

It turned out to be a vendor disguised as a consumer
nono.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sneaky!!! Leo you do have the keen scent!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Leonid,
How did you know this? I
appl.gif
you for nipping it as soon as possible.
1.gif

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results