shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

washparoo

Rough_Rock
I am ready to buy a diamond from a dealer in Pittsburgh.
It is a round diamond that is 1.07 carats, G in color, and
an SI2. I do not have the cut numbers yet. The cost for the diamond is $3300 if I pay cash. The origional price was $4000. Is this a good diamond?
He will not tax me for the cash payment. Is this a good idea and a good price? Please let me know!:love:

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi Wash,

Hard to tell if it's a good deal without the specs as well as its certification, etc...
Chances are, from its price, it might be an EGL graded stone.
Compared to other GIA well-cut 1.07's that range from $3900 and up, it could be a great deal or not. Let's wait for the numbers.....
:rolleyes:

washparoo

Rough_Rock
what if the stone does not have a certification? Does that mean that it is a lemon? Out of the hundreds of diamonds we
have looked at, it is probably one of the brightest and nicest looking. Diamond in mind is already set in a ring, but the jeweler said he would put the stone into another band of our choice. The jeweler is Blair Jewelry in Pittsburgh. Have you heard good or bad on them?

star

Rough_Rock
For an SI2 stone the proper color is I. Why pay for a G color which is really for a VS1/VS2 clarity?:wavey:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Star,

Why do you think there should be a correlation between color and clarity?

I always thought it's a matter of personal taste or preferences. Some might prefer to have whiter stone while diamond is just eye-clean.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results