shape
carat
color
clarity

is this a good choice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crez

Rough_Rock
can someone tell me if this is a good choice?

im just starting my shopping and and im looking for an eye clean 1 carat princess cut between 2-3k.... also, im under a time constraint and looking to purchase asap.

here are the specs, its from whiteflash.com. does anyone know if they are reputable? thanks again.

Price: $1,952.00
Report: EGL
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.00
Color: H
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 66.1
Table: 77
Girdle: M-
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet:
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.90-5.63X3.72
Length/Width: 1.05

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash has a very good reputation, so you can feel comfortable working with them.

The medium girdle is good, as you don't want a thick one and loose your carat weight in that, yet you don't want it too thin because it runs the risk of damage.

H color is a good value for the money when you are on a budget and trying to maximize size. It is still near "colorless" and will set in platinum just fine.

SI2 is also a good value when maximizing size within a budget.

I don't know anything about the desired specs for a Princess, so you would have to get the feedback from others on that.

Also, I believe the l/w ratio looks good, but that is purely personal opinion -- some people want a very "square" shape while others like it to be a little more "rectangular".

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WF does have good reputation
1.gif

That stone tho... with the table that much bigger than the depth, i don't hold out high hope that it's going to be a fiery beauty. Did WF say it's eye-clean?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
This WF stone has good potential if it's eye-clean 1.02ct I SI2... (don't forget there's a PS discount at WF).

crez

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2004 10:49:34 AM alexah wrote:

WF does have good reputation
1.gif

That stone tho... with the table that much bigger than the depth, i don't hold out high hope that it's going to be a fiery beauty. Did WF say it's eye-clean?----------------

im still waiting on whiteflash to reply to my email whether its eyeclean or not.

even with the table (77) bigger than the depth (66.1), wouldn't being an H color make the rock whiter and thus more fiery?

JC

Shiny_Rock
I would check to see if the EGL grade is accurate in regard to the color and clarity. I would also ask where the inclusions are plotted and if they are visible to the naked eye. The table percentage is higher than what I would recommend, but it's not bad. I think after you find out more about this diamond it will make your decision. Good luck...

1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
crez- fire and white color have nothing to do with eachother!!!
2.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
To expound on what moremoremore pointed out, there is "fire", which are the flashes of colored light, "brilliance" which is the flashes of white light (and displays of "contrast"), and there is "scintillation" which is like the movement (only way I know to describe it -- I'm sure someone can do a much better job than me!).

Sometimes, if a stone has a little "tint" to it, a stone with say, a larger table, which yields a more brilliant stone versus a more fiery stone, can give the illusion of/enhance the stone appearing more "white", which is what I think you were confusing things with. As for "fire", the H color has really nothing to do with it. I'm sure I just confused you more, and I apologize if that is the case!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like one of the virtual list diamonds.
It doenst sound that well cut.
There are better cut ones to be found.
Have you looked at the "expert selections" at whiteflash?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/19/2004 4:01:57 PM strmrdr wrote:

Sounds like one of the virtual list diamonds.
It doenst sound that well cut.
There are better cut ones to be found.
Have you looked at the 'expert selections' at whiteflash?
----------------

I checked for crez - unfortunately, currently, there's nothing in expert selection close to what he's looking for...
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results