shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good choice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jledhead

Rough_Rock
Hello all, I am new to this site and am glad I found it before making a purchase.

I have looked in the stores but I don''t have a very good non-mall store around here, so I turn to the internet.

I found this diamond and it looks good to me, the only concerns are the depth and table, here are the specs:
princess cut
measurements 5.09 X4.6 X 3.44mm
weight .70 carat
depth 74.8%
table 72%
girdle this to slightly thick
polish good
symmetry good
VS2
characteristics cloud crystal
color E

this looks like a good diamond to me. cost is $2658 on bluenile.com

I have looked at some of the other places and not found much, like goodoldgold, they had good choices but for the cut I was looking it didn''t start low enough for me.

Bluenile seems to have a good mix and large selection

it seems from what I am looking, the depth and table can be higher when dealing with princess cut (please correct if I am wrong), because it is very easy to find round with lower numbers.

any help for a diamond nOOb is greatly appreciated.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hi jledhead!
It's difficult to tell how any princess will perform just from the numbers... I, personally like to stay away from thin girdles (you can check w the seller to find out if the thin portion(s) is near the corner) & also like princesses that are squarer with a depth around (or lower) than 70 so the weight's not hiding where you can't see it
2.gif

Did you do a search on the PS diamond search engine plugging in your criteria?

A couple looked interesting to me:
Dirt Cheap $2546:
F
VS2
D:71.2%
T:69%
GIA
m-stk
S:vg
P:ex
F:no
4.90x4.89x3.48

Dirt Cheap $2559:
F
VS1
D: 70.8%
T: 68%
GIA
m-stk
S:gd
P:vg
5.25*5.06*3.58

Dirt Cheap $2725:
F
VS2
D:68.4%
T:67%
GIA
m-stk
S:vg
P:ex
5.08x5.09x3.48

A lot of people have had good experiences w DCD. I posted their stones cuz they had the best prices listed but I have no experience with them as a vendor. Best of luck to you w your search!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results