shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good buy? I have less than an hour to commit.

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by winnietucker, Aug 6, 2019.

1. winnietucker
    Shiny_Rock

2. ac117
    Ideal_Rock

by ac117 » Aug 6, 2019
    Calling the eBay queen @Niel - hopefully she sees this in time to help you!

Lykame likes this.
  3. winnietucker
    Shiny_Rock

by winnietucker » Aug 6, 2019
    Thank you! It take me such a long time to make decisions to buy stuff on my own :(2

Lykame likes this.
  4. D&T
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by D&T » Aug 6, 2019
    from a person who detours an awful lot and if you have extra funds for this... then its a project ring, but if you are limited in funds or play money I would keep my eyes on the prize. ;-)
    Also the auction ending without a bid, and if you are really really interested in it, you can always contact the seller to list as Buy it now (BIN)
    I personally don't like feeling rushed into an auction later to find out that I just didn't want it... I've done this several times, and you'd think I'd learn, but its the thrill of "winning" takes over sometimes.

sledge and Lykame like this.

5. Lykame
    Brilliant_Rock

by Lykame » Aug 6, 2019
    I'm terrible at these types of things, but I have a few thoughts that may help you make a decision:

Firstly, I do think the pictures look quite pretty. I can see why it is appealing to you.

However, I have a few concerns:

That's not an insignificant amount of money for something that cannot be returned.

There does not seem to be a formal appraisal, just what is in the comments section. There's then a risk that that is all an over-estimate, and you've already got diamonds that are declared as SI2 but with chips... that makes me suspicious.

Those photos are under very very bright lighting.

I would agree with @D&T ... rather than making an impulsive purchase under a significant time crunch, keep your eyes on the goal!!!

D&T likes this.
  6. LisaRN
    Ideal_Rock

by LisaRN » Aug 6, 2019
    The seller does not have any negative reviews on Toolhaus so he/she probably believes their assessment of the ring is correct. With that said- the seller does not take returns. If you have a spare 1k for a project ring it doesn't seem like a bad deal. Projects usually cost more than we originally plan so there's that to think about.

Lykame and D&T like this.
  7. winnietucker
    Shiny_Rock

Lykame likes this.
  8. Niel
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Niel » Aug 6, 2019
    I don’t think the color is right and I don’t think the clarity is either.

9. StephanieLynn
    Ideal_Rock

by StephanieLynn » Aug 6, 2019
    Not an expert but just wanted to say that I LOVE the center stone on that, looks really pretty.

ETA: Just noticed that @Niel posted before me, ignore my comment and listen to her, she has a lot of experience with EBay

Lykame and winnietucker like this.
  10. JPie
    Ideal_Rock

by JPie » Aug 6, 2019
    I wouldn't purchase without a return policy or a shot of the center stone straight and facing the camera. Every photo is at an angle, which makes me wonder what we're not seeing.

11. SimoneDi
    Ideal_Rock

by SimoneDi » Aug 6, 2019
    I wouldn’t purchase this ring. There are better deals to be found on eBay and even DB/LT.

12. winnietucker
    Shiny_Rock

13. ForteKitty
    Ideal_Rock

by ForteKitty » Aug 6, 2019
    I have GIA S/T and U/V oecs. They face up whiter than expected, unfortunately, as I was hoping for more color. Even GIA light fancy yellow oecs are lighter facing than I expected.

Lykame and D&T like this.
  14. D&T
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by D&T » Aug 6, 2019
    if you want color without the price bump, I would recommend diamonds shapes other than rounds, otherwise you'll need a fancy color graded (not LIGHT) but when I had my W-X Oval it was much more yellow than my GIA Fancy Graded yellow.

15. winnietucker
    Shiny_Rock

by winnietucker » Aug 6, 2019
    @ForteKitty
    Well that’s disappointing.

@D&T I’d really like an OEC for this project. I feel like it really matches.