shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good buy? I have less than an hour to commit.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling the eBay queen @Niel - hopefully she sees this in time to help you!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
from a person who detours an awful lot and if you have extra funds for this... then its a project ring, but if you are limited in funds or play money I would keep my eyes on the prize. ;-)
Also the auction ending without a bid, and if you are really really interested in it, you can always contact the seller to list as Buy it now (BIN)
I personally don't like feeling rushed into an auction later to find out that I just didn't want it... I've done this several times, and you'd think I'd learn, but its the thrill of "winning" takes over sometimes.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I'm terrible at these types of things, but I have a few thoughts that may help you make a decision:

Firstly, I do think the pictures look quite pretty. I can see why it is appealing to you.

However, I have a few concerns:

That's not an insignificant amount of money for something that cannot be returned.

There does not seem to be a formal appraisal, just what is in the comments section. There's then a risk that that is all an over-estimate, and you've already got diamonds that are declared as SI2 but with chips... that makes me suspicious.

Those photos are under very very bright lighting.

I would agree with @D&T ... rather than making an impulsive purchase under a significant time crunch, keep your eyes on the goal!!!

Reactions: D&T

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The seller does not have any negative reviews on Toolhaus so he/she probably believes their assessment of the ring is correct. With that said- the seller does not take returns. If you have a spare 1k for a project ring it doesn't seem like a bad deal. Projects usually cost more than we originally plan so there's that to think about.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert but just wanted to say that I LOVE the center stone on that, looks really pretty.

ETA: Just noticed that @Niel posted before me, ignore my comment and listen to her, she has a lot of experience with EBay

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't purchase without a return policy or a shot of the center stone straight and facing the camera. Every photo is at an angle, which makes me wonder what we're not seeing.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t purchase this ring. There are better deals to be found on eBay and even DB/LT.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I have GIA S/T and U/V oecs. They face up whiter than expected, unfortunately, as I was hoping for more color. Even GIA light fancy yellow oecs are lighter facing than I expected.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you want color without the price bump, I would recommend diamonds shapes other than rounds, otherwise you'll need a fancy color graded (not LIGHT) but when I had my W-X Oval it was much more yellow than my GIA Fancy Graded yellow.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
@ForteKitty
Well that’s disappointing.

@D&T I’d really like an OEC for this project. I feel like it really matches.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results