shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a good buy? AGS 000 and H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jim3

Rough_Rock
I just bought a diamond and am wondering if I paid a fair price for it.Carat: 0.5 round
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Cut: AGS 000 with Hearts and Arrows
Table%: 57
Depth%: 60.8
Pavillion%: 43.1
Crown Angle: 34
Culet: pointed
Fluorescence: inert
Girdle: medium faceted
Price: $2600I know it is not a very big diamond, but it is the best I could afford. I wanted to buy as beautiful a diamond as I could since my girlfriend did not want a very big diamond. I would appreciate any opinion you have to offer.

jspop

Rough_Rock
Actually, I do not have any earth shaking advice. I was going to suggest two things. One, try Whiteflash (which is where I think you ordered your diamond from) and two, you can get a diamond that is visually just as pretty for about half of what you're paying, ie., 5mm wide for about half the price, such as an .46 f vs2. Heck, it's going to get dirty and maybe even bumped around, so it wont be perfect for long!

Jim3

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the quick replies. I am impressed by the diamond.

Jim3

Rough_Rock
I did get the diamond from Whiteflash.
The reason I bought the color and clarity I did was because I wanted to buy a high quality diamond. I know that an F color is still colorless and that I can buy up to an SI and still not see any inclusions but I guess I was not buying the diamond just for visual performance. I wanted to spend a certain amount of money (so as not to appear cheap) and buy the best diamond I could. I also know that I could have saved money by buying a diamond just under 0.5 carats because I could have avoided the big mark up at 0.5 carats, but I had trouble finding a diamond of the color and clarity with certification especially in the range from 0.45 to 0.49.
Thanks for the advice. I am not sure if I can really explain why I made the purchase I did because it may seem like I spent a lot more than I had to, but when were talking about a 0.5 carat as compared to 1 carat the price difference is not as great and I was willing to pay the difference to get a real high quality stone (even if it does lose some of its beauty through daily ware). Thank again.

JasperinBlankChart.jpg

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You did good Jim3!Congrats on your purchase.------------------

Jim3

Rough_Rock
jspop,What advice do you have for me? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jim, according to proportions it should be a great stone and for the branded H&A the price is quite good. I'm sure you won't find anything even close in the local stores
smile.gif
Congrats! I wonder how you'll find it.

jspop

Rough_Rock
Jim,Have you already given her the ring? If not, I could point you in a good direction...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results