shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a deal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrblonde

Rough_Rock
I'm new to this forum but I'm impressed with the knowledge out here already. Can someone tell me if this diamond is worth the price? I'm still trying to understand everything about them. Thanks!

G
VS2
Depth 61.7%
Table 58%
EGL
Girdle m
Cul no
Sym ex
Pol ex
Flr no
Size 7.35-7.31-4.52
Price $9321

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi mrblonde,

The price for this diamond seems about right but for
a further comparison you should conduct a pricescope search.

The 58% percent table is slightly out of the AGS0 ideal range. We would need other info as well to give you a better opinion, such as, crown angle and pavilion angle to give more specific results.

My only concern is the EGL cert.

Sometimes the grading systems of EGL are not always as accurate as the GIA or AGS grading systems, which could lead to a mis-representation of this diamond, and as a result you would be making an over-payment.

Buy Informed!

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

mrblonde

Rough_Rock
How can certificates be inaccurate? I'm sure it happens from time to time but wouldn't that be false advertising?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
MrBlonde,

Is this certificate from EGL USA or elsewere. Some experts report EGL USA is more strict today.

Architect

Rough_Rock
It's not that cert's are inaccurate, but there is a difference in how strict grading companies grade diamonds. GIA has been well-known to be the strictest of all grading companies and the most accurate. In teh past, EGL has been known to be a little lenient on their grading, mainly with the color...they have recently made improvements thouhg. As for having it be false advertisement, the government regulates that a diamond has to be within one color grade and one clarity grade of what it is advertised as. Some jewelers in the past would bump up the color and clarity by one so that they could fetch a better price, yet they would still be protected from blame if the stone was off one color or clarity grade. GIA has always been accurate and right on with their grades that's why I have only looked at diamonds graded by them when I bought mine...and I was very pleased.

mrblonde

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I guess I'll stick with GIA to be safe. Does anyone know how reliable www.diamondwholesale.cc is? I believe they are a subsidiary of whiteflash. I noticed they seem to have good prices for their diamonds. Are there any other sites that I should check out?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: Hi,
I agree with you hvaing to go with G.I.A cert. for such a stone. the G.IA. have been known to be the strictest between the two labs , your best bet is to check out different sites and compare.
go to a few and see who gives you the best deal for you $'s
also if you are not in the same state ,you would be saving the sales tax.:read:

good luck
diamondsman

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results