shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a crazy idea?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!! A whole that is greater than the sum of its parts, indeed.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love me a gorgeous make-over! Nicely done!
I love that setting!!! The ribbons and baguettes and yummmm

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin
@MamaBear
@natasha-cupcake
@Slick1
@dk168
@bling_dream19
@stracci2000
@lala646
@nala

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments. This ring has been a long time coming. I couldn’t decide what to do with the diamond but knew I wanted to reset it. Coming across the opal ring and having it happen to be the right size for the diamond was pure luck!

I think of this ring as rather fancy for me so I call it my fancy pants ring but I will still be rocking it to Shoprite ;-)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MamaBee, I just buy what I love and it’s so wonderful to have fellow jewelry lovers to share with. I always enjoy seeing all the new sparklies!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MamaBee, I just buy what I love and it’s so wonderful to have fellow jewelry lovers to share with. I always enjoy seeing all the new sparklies!

You really have a knack for it. I have trouble finding stones to set in my settings..You just see a stone or setting and get such great ideas!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really have a knack for it. I have trouble finding stones to set in my settings..You just see a stone or setting and get such great ideas!

Aw well thank you, you are too sweet. Just keep looking and I bet you will find the perfect stones for your settings. It takes a bit but it’s so fun to see the transformation!

You also have an amazing diamond ring collection and an upgrade on the way...very exciting!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun finally came out today to I got these quick before breakfast:

E6F90D8F-D573-4479-8E48-95B6D110CC74.jpeg

391D7E2A-52C9-4609-9CF2-E949B211DD7D.jpeg

This one was taken indoors:
678F2F69-A7BC-442A-BCDF-35059BA37080.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sun finally came out today to I got these quick before breakfast:

E6F90D8F-D573-4479-8E48-95B6D110CC74.jpeg

391D7E2A-52C9-4609-9CF2-E949B211DD7D.jpeg

This one was taken indoors:
678F2F69-A7BC-442A-BCDF-35059BA37080.jpeg

Pretty! It looks so brilliant and lively!
I just love the swirly motif and of course the marquise shapes!

Here's a question......was the head replaced to accommodate the new stone, or am I seeing the same basket and prongs that held the opal? I always like to see the underside and know about these structural details. You know, because I have swapped stones myself on my own jewelry. I am just a guerilla jeweler. I want to know what the professionals do!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! It looks so brilliant and lively!
I just love the swirly motif and of course the marquise shapes!

Here's a question......was the head replaced to accommodate the new stone, or am I seeing the same basket and prongs that held the opal? I always like to see the underside and know about these structural details. You know, because I have swapped stones myself on my own jewelry. I am just a guerilla jeweler. I want to know what the professionals do!

I’m not sure if this picture is of any use. I’m pretty sure it’s the same head and prongs, at least it looks like it. I’m so glad I was able to find a setting for this diamond, so glad I had a change of heat about selling it!

8469A8B1-A080-4535-980A-E4EC48093352.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure if this picture is of any use. I’m pretty sure it’s the same head and prongs, at least it looks like it. I’m so glad I was able to find a setting for this diamond, so glad I had a change of heat about selling it!

8469A8B1-A080-4535-980A-E4EC48093352.jpeg

Yes, it looks like the same prongs.
What good luck that the swap was perfect!
Did you say that DK did this for you?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it looks like the same prongs.
What good luck that the swap was perfect!
Did you say that DK did this for you?

No, this was my local jeweler, I was originally going to send the Lightbox diamond and the setting to DK. Once I found out this diamond would work, I couldn’t stomach the idea of sending it through the mail, especially with all the delays. If it got lost or stolen I would be devastated.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, this was my local jeweler, I was originally going to send the Lightbox diamond and the setting to DK. Once I found out this diamond would work, I couldn’t stomach the idea of sending it through the mail, especially with all the delays. If it got lost or stolen I would be devastated.

I understand! I am still hesitant to order anything.
I think your local guy, who may be a little nutty, does good work!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand! I am still hesitant to order anything.
I think your local guy, who may be a little nutty, does good work!

True, I can’t complain, it is hard to find a decent jeweler around here!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @stepcutnut and @PreRaphaelite!

@junebug17, thank you too, I was just admiring your cluster you posted earlier this month in a thread. It always makes me stop in my tracks it is so perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results