clarity

Is this a bad stone????

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice specs!..ask the vendor about the "additional clouds not shown"

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fuzzy might be because the clouds are obstructing the light return. Make sure you do not buy it without a gemologist (not a sales associate) checking it over. There's usually a reason for "great deal!" stones.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1452747798|3975787 said:
The fuzzy might be because the clouds are obstructing the light return. Make sure you do not buy it without a gemologist (not a sales associate) checking it over. There's usually a reason for "great deal!" stones.

In a VS-1?

victorian10

Rough_Rock
No way.... if there were clouds that were obstructing light return it would not be a VS1... it would also say "clarity grade based on clouds that are not shown"... not additional clouds not shown. It looks like a great stone to me... I don't think 5300 is out of the correct onlinen price for this stone... it's an I color which drives the price down. I just picked up a GIA H XXX for under 5500 that's a 101% eye clean SI2 1.15 carats. I think it's a great stone.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not shopping for a stone of this carat weight at this point.

There are many who are looking for 1.0 I VS at 5k, and I have been searching for them to help. This stone just puzzles me. Fluorescence is negligible; so.. it is not milkiness due to fluoresnce either.. I have read cloud inclusions can make a stone appear cloudy in a SI1. But in a VS1?

victorian10

Rough_Rock
I prefer the contrast in the stone that diamondseeker linked!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1452751080|3975811 said:
Gypsy|1452747798|3975787 said:

In a VS-1?

Opps. Sorry. You are right. No. Clouds not seen are only a concern on SI1 and lower. Thank you Andelain. I am running on empty right now.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
When I move the stone sideways, it looks like there's a thin layer of oil or something :shock: and needs a good clean... other than that
seems like a pretty stone. Haven't shopped for a stone with those specs so I am not sure about the value.

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I am prone to believe it's due to the way James Allen does their photography. I searched on here and found a thread of the same identical issue and if you note any photo with the butterfly in the bottom right hand corner looks the same - HAZY and not clear. I ordered 2 stones from them - 1 was from their on-hand collection which had the butterfly logo on the photo and photo was hazy. The other diamond was not in their stock - but had a crisp, clear photo. Both diamonds looked perfect when I got them. I believe it's due to the way they photography and video their stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results