shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a antique or junk

JAG25

Rough_Rock
ring_39.jpg
I was going through a box of my grandmother things and came across this. My mother does not remember seeing it and I do not think I have ever seen it. I would like to know what era and anything that someone could tell me. Thanks

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert, however, I would look for a hallmark to establish if the ring is made in precious metal to start with.

If the metal is precious, then the stones may be real and not simulants.

Can't really tell just by a small photo alone, sorry.

DK :))

JAG25

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your reply. There is a stamp but is so small I not sure but I think it is 18K.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might have a ring with real gemstones (diamond and ruby or spinel) there. A reputable jeweler or pawn shop would probably be willing to give you an expert's guess... and many will acid-test the metal and check the stones out either for free or for a small fee. Just be aware that it being real gold set with real stones doesn't automatically mean it's highly valuable. If you try to sell it, you probably wouldn't be offered too much more than the scrap value of the gold.

Razz

Rough_Rock
That happened to me once where I found an old ring in the attic, and just left it there thinking it was junk. Years later, my sister found the same ring, but she took it to the jewelry shop and they told her it was worth thousands. Apparently it had belonged to my great-grandmother. Get it checked out because you too might be sitting on a gem worth thousands of dollars.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results