shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this $9864 a good price for 1.27ct F VS1 RB...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
...or should I try for something better? I''m about a size 5.5 in rings. Will it look small on me?

Here''s the info I got from the store:

GIA cert:
Measurements: 7.03 x 7.06 x 4.25
Depth: 60.3 %
Table: 55 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Polish/Symmetry: EX/EX
Fluorescence: None

AGS ct 0
diam. 7.05mm (7.04-7.07)
crown 34.7'' 15.4% 0
pavil 40.5'' 42.3% 0
table 3.91mm 55% 0
culet 1.1% small 0
girdle 0.7 thin - 1.4 medium 1.0% 0

Any advice would be oh-so-appreciated. This is the first time I''ve ever bought something of this magnitude.

Thanks in advance
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seems like a nice stone by numbers. The HCA gives it a 0.3 which may mean some loss of contrast in the stone, though don't know how perceptible it will be to your eye. Some professionals feel that HCA scores under 0.6 mean a loss of contrast.

As for the price, it seems very good for the carat weight, size, clarity etc..assuming it's very well cut.

The diamond should be a nice size on your finger. I have a size 6 finger and was wearing a 7.15mm stone and it looked pretty big, I got alot of people who thought it was 1.5c or just called it 'big diamond'...hee hee.
2.gif

Have you seen the stone in person? Does it look lovely?

Good luck!

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara,

I'm sorry (Im new at this) but I've been reading around and still don't understand. I've seen it metioned a couple of times, but can you please expain what you mean by contrast? Any info would be great.

Melanie

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
First, to answer your first question if this is a good price ,I think you can get the same type of stone for about $700.00-$900.00 less than you were quoted.check the web on different sites, for similar stones in the same catagory.
Second,I think that the size you have picked would in fact look bigger on your finger, considering your finger size is 5.5.
the average finger size is 6-6.5 ,(that's what most mfg.jlrs size their rings).

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results