shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this 2.3 round okay??

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Help! Does this look okay? I emailed them about being eye clean and this is what they said:

"This diamond is not considered eye clean. There is a visible inclusion on the crown, which is light in color and can be seen with the naked eye in certain lighting conditions/angles of view.
It is not drastic though, and does not impact the overall beauty of the diamond"

What do you guys think? Do you think it would be noticeable?

On FCA, this one scored 0.9.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3638806.htm

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a diamond that size not being eye clean would make me crazy. I would keep looking for an SI1 that is considered eye clean. But you could always order and send back if it didn't work for you.

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Thanks..You're probably right.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Horrible clarity on the last one. Stick with SI1. It is challenging to find a really clean SI2 in a 2+ ct stone.

girlmom

Rough_Rock
I thought it looked bad too but when I asked them, they said it was eye clean. Would you still stay away?

If I saw a rock in person, and I couldn't see anything to the naked eye, does that mean it's eye clean?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another suggestion might be to call ID jewelry. They seem to be able to find needles in a haystack. It would be worth a call.

girlmom

Rough_Rock
I think the lowest I would go in color is an I and even then, I'm really nervous about it looking warm. Initially I thought the absolutely lowest I would go was a g but some pricescopers convinced me to consider down to i's.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I owned an I with SBF and it was stunning.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post4014555.html#p4014555']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/post4014555.html#p4014555[/URL]

I saw a J OEC last year at the Miami Antique Show and I've obsessed for a year.

I bought this one.

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/2-01-to-3-00/2-69ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs2#.Vv_SnOz3bCQ

Until you see them in person it's hard to appreciate the pastel colors.

Since you are really focused on size I thought this could be an option.

Here's a picture of them side by side.

Apologizing for type-O's I'm in the car and don't have my glasses. (Riding not driving)

_2760.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhh, gorgeous Mary!!!! :love:

I definitely think lower color works better in old cuts than mrb's. I color is my limit in a mrb, but I have seen some J OECs that look great because of the large facets and the way light enters the stone.

They can say that SI2 stone is eyeclean, but they cannot say if those inclusions interfere with light return. If you ever decided you wanted something else and wanted to sell it, there would be a lot of people turned off my that video. I prefer VS2 and higher in 2 ct+ stones, personally, but the lowest I'd recommend is SI1. I just think if you are going for a high quality cut, I wouldn't go for low clarity. But that is just me...others will go low clarity to get a larger size. I also think there are better SI2s than that one, as well.

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'm having a hard time finding a perfect stone.

Can I ask how much importance you guys place on the hca? There is a ring that a local jeweler has and dimensions look good but when I put it into the hca, it only scored 3.5. Here are the deets:

2.25 g color, si1 (small wisps)
table 56%
depth 62.5%
crown 35
pavilion 41.2

Also, do you place more importance on clarity than color? What is the lowest you would go for both in a 2+ carat?

girlmom

Rough_Rock
What's an SBF?

Thanks for sharing the pics. Your OEC is beautiful but I have my heart set on an MRB.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
girlmom|1459625320|4014676 said:
What's an SBF?

Thanks for sharing the pics. Your OEC is beautiful but I have my heart set on an MRB.

Strong Blue Fluorescence. My diamond was from the Brian Gavin Blue line. He doesn't have anything in the 2.0+ ct range right now.

The last one also doesn't look eye clean. But you can ask doesn't hurt to ask.

I also suggest calling ID Jewelry.

girlmom

Rough_Rock
This last one has the eye clean badge by white flash a cut above so I'm thinking it should be okay?

I will definitely look into id jewelry. Thanks!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
girlmom|1459645459|4014775 said:
This last one has the eye clean badge by white flash a cut above so I'm thinking it should be okay?

I will definitely look into id jewelry. Thanks!!

You're right my mistake.,.. If you are interested I would put it on hold. Great finds get scooped up quickly if you are slow to do this.

It's lovely....

girlmom

Rough_Rock
There are other ones I'm looking at that are slightly bigger in carats but still have good dimensions for the same price or less. But it's not white flash aca. Do you think ACA is the best way to ensure a high quality stone? Thanks so much for input!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can post the specs of other diamonds here - just be sure to get some input before purchasing!

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!

Here is one that I'm going to see this week at a local jeweler.

i
si2 but supposedly eye clean

depth: 62.3
table: 56
crown: 36
pavilion: 40.6
excellent cut, symmetry, polish
GIA

jeweler said: this stone is a extremely rare and gorgeous SI2, nice speady stone - twinning wisps!
manufacturer comments: nice si2 eye clean

hca: 1.8

price is less than the whiteflash 2.22 I'm considering. I would love a larger size but worried because with whiteflash ACA, I can be pretty sure of a good stone but with the local jeweler, I don't know enough about diamonds to know if it's great or not. Would really appreciate any insight!!

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3568732.htm

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is so extremely rare about it? It is out of the range of ideal specs but it never hurts to look at a stone. At an I color and SI2 clarity, I can assure you that it is not 'rare'!

Whiteflash is a long established, well respected PS vendor. An ACA stone is a super ideal cut stone - doesn't get much better than that from a cut standpoint. If you don't want to pay the price for their stones that is understandable but just know that you are not comparing apples to apples between an ACA and the stone you are referencing. If you do any amount of reading here in the Show Me The Bling subforum, you will find many, many satisfied Whiteflash customers. That is not hit or miss - the proof is in the numbers of their satisfied customers. You can see the stone and return it if you are not 100% satisfied.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1459567252|4014425 said:
...Stick with SI1. It is challenging to find a really clean SI2 in a 2+ ct stone.

I agree with DS... clean SI2's are very difficult to find in larger stones. I was extremely lucky to find one in a 3+ ct, but that is more the exception than the rule, for sure...

If you have a lot of time, then you may be able to find one that is eye clean and performs well, however... if you're in a hurry, SI1 or better is going to be your best bet. Can't wait to see what you choose! :)) :))

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Do you mind me asking where you found yours?

Does GOG and ID Jewelry mark up too since they do a lot of good analysis for you?

girlmom

Rough_Rock
btw..just looked up what I think is your ring and OBSESSED! Can i ask what the specs are? color and whatnot? I'm also going to put mine into a 6 prong solitaire, which is what I have now too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results