shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there something wrong with my setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

setell

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

I found price scope last month and have been lurking a lot to learn more on diamonds. Thanks for the suggestion earlier to go to Jon for a cushion. I got my cushion and LOVE it! It''s a beauty. But my problem now is that my setting isn''t as amazing as the cushion
7.gif
Can you guys look at the picture and tell me I am not seeing things. I really don''t want to have to ship it back to James Allen since I''m from Canada but it seems to be a workmanship problem. I think my prongs are not semetrical and the sides diamond looks a bit off. Also the inside...isn''t it suppose to be little holes vs the longer one? Thanks for the help in advance. I am still hoping I am not seeing things.
4.gif

DSC04773-b.jpg

setell

Shiny_Rock
Other side view

IMG_3606-b.jpg

setell

Shiny_Rock
Top view. Sorry for the fuzzyness as I had to shrink the picture down a lot and not sure how to take the picture clear too
7.gif

IMG_3603-c3.jpg

setell

Shiny_Rock
Are the holes at the back suppose to be like this?

IMG_3613-b23.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The side diamonds are channel set, which means that the diamonds are set on rails, not with prongs or beads. The open space you see is the channel. You get a lot of little holes when diamonds are prong or bead set, because the diamond is supported on side by the metal, in a little hole that is drilled into the shank. This is not wrong, just a different setting style.

From your post, you are certainly not happy with your setting. If that is the case, no amount of assurance will fix it. Return the setting and get one that you think is amazing.

setell

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info.

I actually really like the setting but right now I can''t get over the prongs not being symmetrical and the slight off look in picture 1 with the first princess cut diamond. I don''t know if mounting it will "fix" the prong symmetry. Also I didn''t notice it but my fiancee notice that the setting isn''t "straight" off by a little bit. He can see the crookiness of the setting. I can''t see that and can "ignore" it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Setell,
I would actually be more concerned about those prongs personally..A question, has this setting been specifically made for that size diamond? Because , sorry but I feel the prongs are really bulky and the head looks too big for the diamond - I would be concerned they would "swallow" the diamond once set, kwim?

As to the other factors, I can kind of see it's not completely aligned on both sides in the top down pic, but the channel diamonds look fine to me (at least in these pics).
I think you should contact JA directly about your concerns, perhaps you need a replacement if both you and your Fi are unhappy with this one?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep, the prongs are very bulky. I am having trouble picturing how they are going to be tightened over the diamond.

setell

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, the prongs seem way bigger in real life then the picture they had on the website. Blah what a headache. I called and email JA to see what I can do about this. I don’t want a crooked prong setting. I try to save a few hundred USD by going with them vs GoG for the whole thing and I got a feeling this is biting me in the behind ‘sigh’ if I got to ship it back to JA. Does anybody know if JA will cover partial shipping fees if I’m in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results