shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there much visual difference between 1.3 ctw and 1.5 ctw diamond studs?

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Waiting for my 1.3 ctw ACA studs to be made, so I ordered some 1.5 ctw zirconia ones. I am upgrading from .80 ctw studs. I am LOVING the size of these CZ ones, so I’m wondering if the 1.3 ctw ones will be similar or quite a bit smaller looking. Any perspective is appreciated!

josieKat

Shiny_Rock
Waiting for my 1.3 ctw ACA studs to be made, so I ordered some 1.5 ctw zirconia ones. I am upgrading from .80 ctw studs. I am LOVING the size of these CZ ones, so I’m wondering if the 1.3 ctw ones will be similar or quite a bit smaller looking. Any perspective is appreciated!

This is the visual difference btw a .65 and .75 stone on a ring. 0E8BB839-CB36-4AFE-9D77-E9568F5861B2.png

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a well cut .65c stone is about 5.5mm diameter, and a .75c is about 5.8mm.
I doubt you’ll notice much difference, if any.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Assuming both sizes are of super ideal cut - I will be seeing the difference in size surely.

Nycpanda

Rough_Rock
I love the diamdb.com website because you can also make it real sized to your phone screen size with your ring size and length of finger. I definitely played with it a lot when deciding what size would provide enough coverage on my finger! I also ended up buying a CZ on Amazon to try out and wear around for a day (working, grocery shopping) just to see how it would look and feel. All is to say, when I looked at it in person, next to each other, it's hard to tell 0.25 carat difference. I saw the most difference in height, less so the diameter.

All is to say, the website also gives you % difference in coverage and overlays the two diamonds on top of each other to see the difference!

Nycpanda

Rough_Rock
25803945-2FE8-437B-BE38-95514F71AD5D.jpeg If this helps! I was trying on a 1.5 and 1.75 (top).

Then in the side view, the 1.75 is on the left (bottom) and 1.5 right (top).

Attachments

• E3769862-B2FD-4C2C-8150-70BB67B332AD.jpeg
    E3769862-B2FD-4C2C-8150-70BB67B332AD.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 14

Tanalasta_01

Rough_Rock
Premium
Whilst I prefer moissanite over CZ ...

To answer your question, no there will not be any discernible difference and the size is lovely for daily wear!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think you will be able to see a "plumping" effect between the two. It won't be anything that is wildly noticeable, but I do think it will be there. I can see a difference in the two @diamondseeker2006 posted. Also, it may be a mind clean thing for you too (or not).

A while back someone, (I can't remember who, maybe @MissGotRocks?) increased their studs a small amount but felt it was worth it and that they could tell a difference. I think the person said it felt like plumping up a pillow.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be able to see a "plumping" effect between the two. It won't be anything that is wildly noticeable, but I do think it will be there. I can see a difference in the two @diamondseeker2006 posted. Also, it may be a mind clean thing for you too (or not).

A while back someone, (I can't remember who, maybe @MissGotRocks?) increased their studs a small amount but felt it was worth it and that they could tell a difference. I think the person said it felt like plumping up a pillow.

I went from 2.06 tcw (1.03 each) to 2.30 tcw (1.15 each) and did notice a size difference! It wasn't huge but did scratch the itch and I went up to VS2 from SI1 which was a mind clean issue for me. The SI1 stones were completely eye clean too so it really was a mind clean issue in addition to the size bump. I also wanted to match the size of each stone as closely as possible which I was able to do!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results