shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there any way to keep my pendant from moving around?

zinninge

Rough_Rock
I had a pendant made from a RHR that was my mother's and that I never liked. I like to wear it singly or with the other pendant I had made from a Tahitian pearl and diamonds from my grandmother's e-ring (see pictures). Although the diamond doesn't flip, the whole thing moves around and I have to keep straightening it. Any suggestions for making it stay put?

Also, do you think that wearing the pearl one is too much for work, especially if I wear it with my diamond studs? They do look nice together, if I say so myself. :))

necklaces2.jpg

Pearl Pendant 1.jpg

Pendant 1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think there is any way to make it stay put, unfortunately!

I LOVE the pearl pendant! I have a couple of Tahitian pearl pendants, but I love how yours is set! I'd like to get a South Sea pearl and have it set like that. I don't see a thing wrong with wearing the pearl pendant with diamond studs to work!

zinninge

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Diamondseeker. I love the pearl one too, so much that I wear it almost every day. The big diamond from my granny is not particularly good (J SI1, table 66, depth 62.6), but it doesn't look nearly so dark since it's next to the pearl. At first the appraiser thought it could even be a brown diamond. For some reason the little diamonds are much better (G-H VS1-VS2).

Maybe some two-sided tape for the pendant . . . . :))

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd imagine the diamond pendant travels more around your neck than the free hanging pearl and diamond pendat which has a sliding bale on the chain. You can fix the diamond pendat and make it stay at the front by taking it off the chain where it is connected and putting a tube that the chain can slide through under the back edge or just above the top of the pendant. Have the jeweler reconnect the chain to just make it a continuous chain and the diamond will naturally slide toward the lowest part, the front.

My wife had the same problem and this fixes it. Once in a while you will find the clasp of the chain travelling to the front instead and there is not as much you can do about that. The tubing must be smooth and large enough in diameter that the pendant diamond easily slides.

zinninge

Rough_Rock
Oldminer, that sounds like a good solution, but I like the look of having the chain connected on the sides. I wanted it to have a fixed look as opposed to the other pendant, which has a bale. I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Diamondseeker, I forgot to mention that I had the pearl pendant designed by a jeweler. It's really nothing exotic and the setting wasn't expensive, but I haven't seen anything like it anywhere else. Please show pictures if you have one done with a South Sea pearl--I'll bet it will be stunning.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The tubing can be very close to the diamond. Actually a bit of the tubing can go under the edge of the diamond. The tubing only needs to be less than 1/4" in length and it does not need to have any links like the bale might have. The tubing is soldered stiff right to the setting for the diamond and basically half-hidden.

zinninge

Rough_Rock
Oldminer, I'm having hard time visualizing this. Do you by any chance have a picture?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's nothing you can do if you want to keep it attached exactly as it. I had the exact same style and it moved all over. Now I have a TBTY solitaire and it does the same thing.

Hopefully Oldminer's tip works! :)

stci

Ideal_Rock
zinninge|1303822746|2905252 said:
Oldminer, I'm having hard time visualizing this. Do you by any chance have a picture?

Second.... I would like to see a picture please.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results