shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a way to shop for fluorescence online?

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
Other than setting the filters to very strong blue is there any way to shop for strong fluorescence online?
When watching the videos or viewing images will there be telltale signs maybe? Will the stone appear brighter or darker or something?
Are there certain online vendors (other than BG) that may have them?

The other day I ordered a very strong blue G from Parcel and Stone (for a little bezel pendant) with the hopes it will glow blue or even purple in bright natural daylight. I’m afraid I will be disappointed though. It won’t be here till next week sometime, so we shall see.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can use rare carat to run a search with your desired specs including fluorescence. They access a limited number of vendors however. There is a vsbf stone for sale on loupe troop, it’s fairly large however.

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My diamond in my profile pic is strong blue and and would glow light blue purple only in very strong mid summer sunlight. For a stronger effect you would probably want to go for very strong blue.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Use the search tool at the top of the forum - the Advanced Filters section includes a fluor slider bar ;-)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
“Other than setting the filters to very strong blue ..”. :shifty: lol

You can also try calling a vendor with in house diamonds ... that way they can vet the diamond for any ill effects as well (the chance is low but increases with the strength of fluorescence).

But honestly, I can’t think of a better way than 1 going with BG and 2 setting the search filter

That’s a hard question! lol

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Other than setting the filters to very strong blue ..”. :shifty: lol
LOL

Now you re-state that part, I realise what I've done ;-) :lol:

I wish there was a way to search for colour of fluorescence - I'd love to collect some cool different colours! :)

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
LOL

Now you re-state that part, I realise what I've done ;-) :lol:

I wish there was a way to search for colour of fluorescence - I'd love to collect some cool different colours! :)

Haha - you were not alone!

That would be a great idea! I once had a pink fluorescent diamond and loved it! The blues are so pretty too! Maybe from my ridiculous diamond journey it seems that I have something against fluorescence, but I don’t, lol, I just want to get what I think I paid for ... so disclosed fluorescence is a great idea to me!

Ok so I’ve already thrown the idea out there for setting up a new diamond drop-ship store to replace JA ... so how about we start a store that also markets fluorescence?

:dance:

Swirl68

Shiny_Rock
You can also try calling a vendor with in house diamonds ... that way they can vet the diamond for any ill effects as well (the chance is low but increases with the strength of fluorescence).

But honestly, I can’t think of a better way than 1 going with BG and 2 setting the search filter

That’s a hard question! lol

It was interesting, when I called Parcel and Stone about my concerns about milkiness or haziness he told me there was a note from the cutter and the diamond was rated a M-0, so there would be no milkiness. He said the scale goes from 0-3, with 3 being worst. I told him that I had never heard of such a scale and he said it was an internal thing they do. I wish I had asked what else the cutter had to say in his notes.

I told him that with the very strong blue I was hoping it would have a noticeable change to blue or purple in sunlight and of course he told me there was no way to know this (stone was in India) and that it very well might not.

I don’t know if even in-house vendors would be willing to walk stones around outside for awhile. (Especially for just a little pendant stone.) I wish there clues in the videos or pictures.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m the same as you I want that glow, I would even like the milky hazy thing that legend has some strong fluorescence gives off. Never been able to find one lol. For me it’s a mind clean type thing though, I want to know it’s there. I just don’t love non flouro the same way lol

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kmoro,
I wish more vendors stocked Flour stones, Love the strong and VSB but hard to find.
Wow I have never seen a pink flour, that would be interesting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results