shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a way to get alerts?

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Say, if someone quotes you?

I don't necessarily want an email if someone quoted me, but when I pop back on to the site I would like to easily tell.

I have clicked around, but all I've found is "my forum activity" under the "My Pages" tab. Is there anything else I can adjust to get notifications?

If I am left to just remembering which threads I've typed in then I am probably doomed. :lol:

I hope I can ask this here. Can delete if needed.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you start or reply to a thread, the blue box below the area you type in has a list of options. An option to click if you want to keep current with the thread is "Notify me when a reply is posted". Notifications will be sent to the email you provided to the website. Also, on the page listing thread topics, you can tell if you participated in a thread because a star appears in the little picture to the left of the thread title.

I don't know of any feature here where you can be notified solely when someone quotes you (for example, in a thread in which you did not participate) or mentions your name.

iwantsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Mary Poppins!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1475771739|4084182 said:
When you start or reply to a thread, the blue box below the area you type in has a list of options. An option to click if you want to keep current with the thread is "Notify me when a reply is posted". Notifications will be sent to the email you provided to the website. Also, on the page listing thread topics, you can tell if you participated in a thread because a star appears in the little picture to the left of the thread title.

I don't know of any feature here where you can be notified solely when someone quotes you (for example, in a thread in which you did not participate) or mentions your name.

Thanks, after 12 years, I didn't know this.

BTW what does the fire mean?

screen_shot_2016-10-06_at_10.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know what the star was for, either, Kenny! :lol: I almost never subscribe to threads, though, because I don't want email notices!

I think the fire means the thread is "hot"...as in very active.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe the fire means that DF posted in that thread. :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1475775061|4084208 said:
I think the fire means the thread is "hot"...as in very active.
I believe so as well.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to remember but it's either the number of posts or views

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results