shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a variety of different moissy material?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For example, if one vendor's moissy looks more rainbow-y and less diamond-like than another's, is that the material itself? I'm referring specifically to emerald cuts. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe there is some slight variation in the “formula” creating Moissanite but my understanding is that the main differences are higher colour grading (whiter) and less inclusions. Older style Moissanite was definitely more yellow toned.
Cutting quality, just like diamonds, will have an impact upon brilliance but remember that photos can be edited in post production and the use of specialized lighting can change “the look”.
Buy from a vendor who has a “return if you don’t like it” so if when you see it in person with your own eyes it wasn’t as expected, because that’s always the real test.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw a moissy EC ring at the Lauren B pop-up and it was the nicest one I've ever seen, so I'm trying to figure out why that is. Thanks @Bron357!!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this on the Lauren B site:
Harro vs. Charles and Colvard; How they differ:
  • Harro moissanites show slightly less fire than Charles and Colvard. Keep in mind people love Charles and Colvard because of how much fire they show. Diamonds do show fire but not quite as much as Charles and Colvard which is why some of our clients prefer Harro.
Maybe I saw a Harro moissanite?

Also this from another Lauren B page:

We also work with Harro gem moissanites if you’re interested in a more elongated shape as the C&C ovals, radiants, and cushions are not quite as elongated as real diamonds can be. Harro’s are wonderful in this way and show a little less rainbow spectrum color. You can see a video comparing the Charles and Colvard moissanites to the Harro gem moissanites on our page here: https://www.laurenbjewelry.com/videos/index/view/id/6550

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results