shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a Show me your pendant thread?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 6:37:39 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 3/27/2009 6:14:03 PM
Author: icekid

Date: 3/27/2009 5:31:08 PM

Kismet, I love that garnet pendant!

I''m curious to see pendants because I''m thinking of getting a graduation pendant instead of a class ring. It''s still a long time till graduation, but I figure I might as well start looking for ideas now, and give myself plenty of time to find my perfect stone and setting :)

You''re in med school, right? What year are you? I got a lighter tsav garnet as my grad present to me, from me
9.gif
(diamond studs from parents and hubby) I still cannot decide how to set it though. The original plan was pendant, but I am soooo indecisive.

Yup, I''m an M1 at the moment, but judging from the threads in this forum, it might just take me a few years to find the stone I''m looking for! Haha. Actually, I LOVE the color of your sapphire, I wonder if spinel comes in that color?
I''m going with a pendant because I figure I can''t wear my rings to work much after I graduate (what with the latex gloves and the constant, constant hand washing), but I can wear a pendant! I''ve never really gotten (or wanted) anything in the way of graduation gifts, but I feel like med school graduation deserves a special something since it''ll be the end to my years of formal education :)
MTG- Depending on what you go into, you can probably get away with wearing rings at least sometimes. I more or less always wear my e-ring/wedding band unless I''m overnight call. And I wear my sapphire sometimes, too... if I know there is no chance that I''ll be involved in a code or anything! I agree with you on med school grad deserving something nice- it was the first time I felt like I had REALLY accomplished something (and then you get your butt kicked as an intern, but whatever
3.gif
)

Catmom- as always, stunning collection. I am so in love with your new tsav pendant.

LovingDiamonds- holy crap!
6.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 6:37:27 PM
Author: Gailey
Date: 3/27/2009 5:28:41 PM

Author: Kismet

Here''s my chrysoberyl pendant. Original thread is here.

kiz-chryspendant.jpg

Here''s my garnet pendant. Original thread is here.

kiz-garnetpendant.jpg
Kismet,

The link you provided to your chrysto pendant was the same as your garnet link. Please post the correct link, I''m looking forward to reading more about it.

Thank you muchly

huh, when I click on the links they bring me to the correct threads.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Duh! Note to self: Put less tonic in the gin. Soz Kismet!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks TL and icekid!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 8:31:17 AM
Author: mousey
I love your pendant fly girl- it is so elegant. In my opinion the design is a tiny bit reminiscent of an anchor, and with the sea colored stone it just works so beautifully.
Thanks, mousey. I hadn''t thought about it looking like an anchor, but that is very cool. The designer often uses oriental themes, so I think of it as looking at bit like part of a pagoda.

TL - My orange diamond is 0.15 ct. I probably edited that in after your post. It was the smallest, but best colored and sparkliest of several eBay purchases I made several years ago, in my pre-PS days. The rest of the diamonds are not worthy of being set, so I learned my lesson there. I love how the designer worked my stones into the design. I have learned that design is not my strong suit.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
ladies & gents here is one of my favorites-15+cts of mandarin spess garnet pendent-a frequently worn item-sweet eye candy...

m16a.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Beautiful pendants, everyone!!! Yummy!!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my tourmaline halo pendant...

TourmalineHaloPend.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my jade flower pendant.

JadeFlower.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry...I used an old picture and didn''t realise it wasn''t re-sized properly.

Here''s my emerald pendant.

EmeraldPendant.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiaDiva,
I like your pendants not only because they look pretty but everything is interchangeable!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love DiaDiva's halo pendant :)
Is there somewhere I could go to get a feel for how much a small halo setting would cost?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 5:03:51 PM
Author: Chrono
DiaDiva,

I like your pendants not only because they look pretty but everything is interchangeable!

Thanks, Chrono. I don't actually have any chains that are soldered onto the pendants. All my chains are interchangeable with any pendant (depending on the size of the bale).

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:41:33 PM
Love DiaDiva''s halo pendant :)

Is there somewhere I could go to get a feel for how much a small halo setting would cost?

Sorry...can''t help you there MTG because I''m in Singapore and so is my jeweller.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, Singapore is love :) Hope I get to go back one day! Last time I went I was a teenager, and all I remember is that it''s really clean and there''s a statue of a mer-lion somewhere.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another coloured stone pendant that I haven''t worn in a loooong time. It''s pink topaz surrounded with small RBs.

PinkTopzCollage.JPG

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one of my 2 heart pendants.

ML Heart Pendant (332 x 328).jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one of my crosses - garnet with freshwater pearls.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 10:58:36 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Here''s one of my crosses - garnet with freshwater pearls.

Oops, forgot the attachment.

GarnetCross.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results