shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a noticeable difference between 2.50 ctw studs and 3.00 ctw studs?

kmg110

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

So after some research, I've decided to get a pair of LGD studs and I'm stuck between 2.50 ctw and 3.00 ctw. I've had a pair of 1.40 ctw EGD for the last 9 years from ID Jewelry and, I want to get some larger studs and keep my old pair. They have a pretty good deal going on for their LGD, but I noticed that there's a $1000 price jump going from 2.50 ctw to. 3.00 ctw. Is there a noticeable difference between both sizes? Will I feel satisfied going from 1.40 ctw to 2.50 ctw?

Also have apnea ever bought LG diamond stud from ID jewelry? How was your experience?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of us buy cheap CZ pieces from Amazon to try on sizes. Why don't you buy a pair in each size?

kmg110

Rough_Rock
A lot of us buy cheap CZ pieces from Amazon to try on sizes. Why don't you buy a pair in each size?

That's a good idea, I just checked amazon and noticed that the sizes go by mm vs carats, which kind of confuses things. Can you share a link of the ones you've used?

The average 1.25ct stone is ~6.8mm and the average 1.5ct stone is ~7.3mm, according to the internet. 0.2mm is the threshold after which the human eye can start seeing a difference in size... so if the specific stones you're looking at are more than 0.2-0.3mm apart, you'll likely notice the difference on your ear. Whether you'd be content with 2.5ctw vs 3ctw is a different question that only you can answer.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Are you set on IDJ? The experts here could probably find you a great pair of loose 3tcw stones for a solid price. That would take the $$$ out of the equation (or at least lessen its effect).

kmg110

Rough_Rock
Are you set on IDJ? The experts here could probably find you a great pair of loose 3tcw stones for a solid price. That would take the $$$ out of the equation (or at least lessen its effect).

Kind of.. they're having a 25% sale off of their LGD studs, plus at the recommendation of this forum 10 years ago, I worked w/ Yekutial and had a great experience so I feel comfortable ordering from them online this time.

kmg110

Rough_Rock
The average 1.25ct stone is ~6.8mm and the average 1.5ct stone is ~7.3mm, according to the internet. 0.2mm is the threshold after which the human eye can start seeing a difference in size... so if the specific stones you're looking at are more than 0.2-0.3mm apart, you'll likely notice the difference on your ear. Whether you'd be content with 2.5ctw vs 3ctw is a different question that only you can answer.

Thanks, I have smallish ears so I'm hoping that I don't experience diamond shrinkage.

concun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I have smallish ears so I'm hoping that I don't experience diamond shrinkage.

Lucky you. I have elephant earlobes so 4 ct each can still fit nicely just not nice to my wallet though. Please show us your modeling pic once you receive it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results