shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there a name for the style of my ring?

abri

Rough_Rock
image.jpg Hi! My fiancé proposed with this ring, which originally belonged to his mother. We are looking into wedding bands and I’d like to know what kind of wedding band would look best with it, but I’m not even sure what style to call my ring, which makes looking for suitable bands kind of difficult.

Does anyone have any insight about what this style would be called? Or any ideas what exact time it would be from?

Thanks!:D image.jpg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! That's a lovely vintage ring. I don't know of a particular style to call it, but how about going to a jewelry store to try on different wedding bands? I think a vintage-inspired band would complement the petals nicely:

a189e04d1849ec85dff1dc4af6ecedfa--stacked-wedding-rings-stacking-wedding-bands.jpg

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is there a name for this style? How about adorable?! I love this ring. :love: It has such a happy vibe to it. Congratulations on your engagement. I'm not sure about what wedding band to pair with it, but I would suggest you go on a field trip to some jewelry stores (and pawn stores that carry a lot of jewelry) and try on a lot of different styles. I think your eyes will tell you what goes best.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I don’t know that this style has a name so I would just call the ring vintage and describe it as a solitaire with 3 petal diamond design on top. My guess is that that the ring originally had a “ring wrap” for a wedding band that balanced out the design on top of the solitaire. Does your fiancée remember how his mother wore the ring?

540C572D-3FBB-48F6-A888-F667F0398A38.jpeg AED5AB59-05A0-4225-91FD-BEF1979363B8.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No idea for style name but it’s such a lovely ring! It would look amazing with curved/asymmetric band like this from CvB
https://etsy.me/2FyrQ3A
Or on the less spendy/more regularly shaped this baguette ballerina band
https://etsy.me/2qX1vm.
Congratulations on your engagement

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a BEAUTIFUL ring!! It reminds me of my mother's set, which was a solitaire with a wedding band that had a "stem" that curved around the diamond, and the petal part looked like leaves that sprayed out from the diamond. It was (and still is) one of my favorite looks, ever. So feminine and sweet. I don't know if there's a name for this style, but just wanted to say that it's stunning!!! Lucky you!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super sweet ring, not sure if it has a name but I echo the curved band idea. Congrats on your engagement!

Liliann

Rough_Rock
It looks like fleur-de-lis

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results