shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the TIFFANY Swing Ring Worth It? Does anyone own it?

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I want to get a new band to jazz up my ring. Wondering if Swing ring will do it. Saw Gorri's and can't figure out how to PM her.
It's so pretty. :love:

Does anyone else own it? If so, do you love it?

$4500k seems like a chunk of $ to spend - wondering what else I can get for the same $? A custom made millgrain piece?

I don't know what else I can get for the money. Any ideas?

Is the Tiffany Swing worth it compared to other rings I could get for the money? :confused: :confused:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only you can decide whether the Tiffany brand is worth the extra dollars to you :)) You can get something similar for a lot less.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would go try it on to see what you think of it in person.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
I have tried it on, several times :bigsmile: I could not justify the price though, I guess it didn't WOW me enough lol. Beverly K makes some that are similar (and cheaper) and also I think Brian Gain makes one. Pearlman's has the Bev K ;-)

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I see Gorri's on pricescope,and it looks thick on her finger. :love: Then I see one on ebay and it looks so tiny and delicate on the finger. :o
I don't know which is accurate. I wouldn't buy from ebay because I want it warrantied. :twirl:
Wonder if anyone has pics if they own it? :wavey:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, only you can decide if it's "worth it".

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd get 2 of the Brian Gavin and put one on each side!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
What does the brian gavin ring look like? $? :tongue:

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! That's pretty. Thank you so much for the link!! I'll consider this for sure. :wavey:

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Thanks! Did u see how thin the band looks on the lady's hand on ebay? Maybe it's not real, because on Gorri's hand, it looked substantial. I'll have to try it on, but could probably get a nice diamond band... If I get it though I would want the warranty, so would buy it from the store directly you know? :wavey:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
iluvdiamonds2|1317609656|3031749 said:
Hi! Thanks! Did u see how thin the band looks on the lady's hand on ebay? Maybe it's not real, because on Gorri's hand, it looked substantial. I'll have to try it on, but could probably get a nice diamond band... If I get it though I would want the warranty, so would buy it from the store directly you know? :wavey:

I believe you can get Tiffany's to authenticate 'used' or 'estate' pieces...

also the band will probably look different on different people depending on how long their fingers are/finger size/etc...

PugLover

Rough_Rock
slg47|1317598679|3031587 said:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5467 this one? I'm sure they could make it with all diamonds...

Iluv,
I was in this exact predicament and to me the Tiffany just was not worth it. So instead I got the above ring from BGD made with all diamonds. Since we saved so much money I was able to get an additional band (and still come out at much less than what the Tiffany cost!!!). So as previous posters mentioned, only you can decide whether the Tiffany is "worth it" but I can definitely say I am very happy with my BGD rings.
1_34.jpg 2_30.jpg 3_24.jpg

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Puglover - I love your pug! Thanks for the pics!!! It's even nicer than Tiffany because of the milligraining around each section!
Wow! Thank u so much! Do you have a pic of your engagement ring with just the swing-style band? That is how i'd wear it because I don't have much room for a few rings..

I'm going to check out the link now. Thanks again! :wavey:

PugLover

Rough_Rock
iluvdiamonds2|1317686032|3032480 said:
Puglover - I love your pug! Thanks for the pics!!! It's even nicer than Tiffany because of the milligraining around each section!
Wow! Thank u so much! Do you have a pic of your engagement ring with just the swing-style band? That is how i'd wear it because I don't have much room for a few rings..

I'm going to check out the link now. Thanks again! :wavey:

I didn't have a pic of the two alone so I just snapped a quick one on my phone.Hope it helps! The millgraining is something that I had them add so that it matched my e-ring and I kind of think it gives the set an antiquey feel, which I love. Also, I almost never wear the two bands together with my e-ring. It's either just the two bands alone (mostly this as I am in dental school and the e-ring interferes with gloves) or the e-ring and one band. Anyway, I had tried the Tiffany on and even though it was pretty I think the BGD ring is definitely comparable.

Good luck and post pics when you choose your ring! 4_5.jpg

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Thank yuch for the pic!! I really appreciate it! :wavey: It looks great together!! The alternating shapes really accentuate the engagement ring!

Is the BG ring as wide as the Tiffany version??

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mannequin hands are narrower than real hands so if you're on ebay at mannequin hands, it'll give an idea but isn't completely accurate.

PugLover

Rough_Rock
iluvdiamonds2|1317693083|3032575 said:
Thank yuch for the pic!! I really appreciate it! :wavey: It looks great together!! The alternating shapes really accentuate the engagement ring!

Is the BG ring as wide as the Tiffany version??
As far as I remember the widths of the two were very similar. It really comes down to whether you want to shell out the money for a Tiffany. I definitely didn't. Haha!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
When I do my reset in the semi near future (perhaps next year) I plan on contacting BGD for their swing ring version in all diamonds. I personally just can't spend the extra money on Tiffany's brand name- to me it is just throwing away money. Plus I'm a little peeved at them that they sell treated pearls and gemstones at a ridculously high price- which is just insane to me! I have sevearl Tiffany pieces- nothing super expensive- so I can honestly say I was a fan but at some point I realized that I can have the same thing made for cheaper and no one will ever ask me if it is Tiffany or not. So if you personally want the Tiffany name then go for it. If you want a similar quality ring, just as beautiful for cheaper and with more carats then go with a replica.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
I know right! See my ring in my post, wonder if it would look good w/ it! I got to try it on at least just to see a visual! :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
PugLover, I love your bands! I love the added milgrain, too!

PugLover

Rough_Rock
Zoe|1317774627|3033418 said:
PugLover, I love your bands! I love the added milgrain, too!
Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results