shape
carat
color
clarity

is the table % and fluorescence a major concern

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brettey

Rough_Rock
I am about to purchase a 6.81 emerald cut diamond. The table is 81% and the fluorescence is medium blue.The remaining statistics are: 12.12x9.99. Polish and symmetry good, depth 60.8, girdle slightly thick to very thick. clarity vs2 color h.
It was explained to me that a large table would affect the light thrugh the stone, making the stone appear to have no shine.I have seen the stone and it looks very beautiful, however, I am not sure if this would be a wise purchase for the value. Can anyone help with some information on what the price should be, and would this be a hard diamond to sell in the future.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
The fluorescence is not a concern, it will likely bring the diamond to the high side of the H color range, but it will glow neon blue when exposed to black light so don't be surprised... Most of our personal diamonds exhibit medium to strong blue fluorescence as it is a trait that we are quite fond of...

The table is way out of whack from a numbers point of view but as long as you like it that is really all that matters... One suggestion though, walk the diamond out from under the diamond lights used in most jewelry stores to get an accurate visual perspective of the diamond... ANYTHING will look great under diamond lights!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Table is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too large... Girdle isn't that good either! Definitely follow R&T's advice and, if you don't mind me saying that, keep on looking and pass on this one

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
I think it happens to be a nice stone especially i you have seen it and liked it!
a table of 81% is not going to make the stone flat or glassy looking, quite the opposite it will make it look a bit bigger that the size!
I carry plenty of stones that are princess cuts and ec. that have tables around the 80% and have not had a problem with it.In fact most of the ones who buy them are impressed with how much bigger look it gives to their stone.

just my 2 cents.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results