shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the Size Difference Significant Enough?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
...only a 4% (!) increase in diameter, or 8.5% increase in face-up size (assuming the same cut/proportions). Too small a change for me.

It is to me as well, but these sizes are hard to come by. I know that if getting this stone, I would definitely be upgrading again. It is not a "forever" stone for me. I need to overthink this some more. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DF - have we seen that upgraded diamond?

Yes...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that the upgrade should be felt as an upgrade. I need to keep in mind the settings I will be paying for if I go from stone to stone (the setting I have now was a custom, far more expensive than I would be willing to pay now if I had known better back then).
Yup, In your case it'll cost you a lot more $$$, but in my case it'll only cost me like $325 for a new tension setting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you given any consideration to paying off those school loans before upgrading the bling? I know it would be a sacrifice, but maybe after that delayed gratification, hard work and additional cash flow it grows from a 2.13 to 3.13 carat stone. :eek2:
Are you kidding?? . Ain't nothing more important than blings! :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes...

Ok I remember the 2.60 H but guess I forgot about the 2.62 G!!

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
I feel like you can really see the size difference but I also wonder if you’d consider an extremely well cut I color. Maybe it’d be too warm for you, but if it’s cut really well it could look better than you think (like what you love about your H).

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
It is to me as well, but these sizes are hard to come by. I know that if getting this stone, I would definitely be upgrading again. It is not a "forever" stone for me. I need to overthink this some more. :)

Did you come to any decision? I am wanting/waiting to upgrade too. Not sure whether to go the ‘cut to order’ route, or wait until a stone with close to my desired specs appears on the HPD website. I am hesitant to go with a ‘cut to order’ stone if the overall specs are not close to the parameters I am wanting.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Did you come to any decision? I am wanting/waiting to upgrade too. Not sure whether to go the ‘cut to order’ route, or wait until a stone with close to my desired specs appears on the HPD website. I am hesitant to go with a ‘cut to order’ stone if the overall specs are not close to the parameters I am wanting.

Yes, I did. The prices that HPD quoted me are unreachable and incomparable to any other super-ideal vendor - unsure what happened. I will enjoy my stone for now as she is (to me) a perfection in every way except the size. Later, I might trade her in with one of the other super-ideal vendors if they agree to take the stone that is not theirs. Otherwise, I am stuck.

Just fyi, the service received by HPD is outstanding as always.

Last edited:

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I did. The prices that HPD quoted me are unreachable and incomparable to any other super-ideal vendor - unsure what happened. I will enjoy my stone for now as she is (to me) a perfection in every way except the size. Later, I might trade her in with one of the other super-ideal vendors if they agree to take the stone that is not theirs. Otherwise, I am stuck.

Just fyi, the service received by HPD is outstanding as always.

Thanks for the update.

My stone is perfect too, except the size, I would like to be just under (or over if I can afford it) the 3ct. mark. I will be checking the HPD website daily to see what pops up!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results