shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the Obama Administration a "Failed Presidency"?

Is the Obama Administration a "Failed Presidency"?

• Failed

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Successful

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1452211268|3972361 said:
If we give specifics..what I am happy about is that homosexuality is..or it seems to be? less of a..I don't know what the word is I'm looking for..it's less.."scary" to people? That I feel like..say back when I was little, it was like THE worst thing ever to call someone gay or say oooo she likes girls-it was derogatory and you'd get pissed if someone said that. Now, I feel like, no you shouldn't say those things, but it's more shrugged off like, so what? There are obviously people who still can't get it in their heads/hearts that sexuality of someone else isn't/shouldn't be something to be frightened of, but I feel there are fewer people like that. Now, I can't say specifically that's Obama, but I like the opening of people's minds in that manner.

I believe he did some good things against animal abuse. And that's probably something that falls into the category of "other people's views", you know? Some people really don't care about animals, or they feel that people are more important and that the POTUS should concentrate on the people rather than animals. I do not place animals onto a pedestal, much as I adore my kitties and the tears I've cried over animal stories notwithstanding, however, I do not feel humans should have free reign, and I believe animal abuse speaks to the core of the person, their character.

Illegal immigration--I...do not hold the popular opinion here on that matter. I'm sick of the "melting pot" argument and the "well we're all here illegally" argument. I'm sick to death of being expected to change everything for other people, and being expected to accommodate other people who flat out refuse to adapt one iota to our country. If we're a big melting pot then that means YOU have to melt TOO. I'm already here, I've already melted, and I shouldn't have to melt to YOU. So, no, amnesty to those who came here illegally? No.

Cops. That man did more to turn the average citizen against LE than anyone could ever imagine. I'm sick of hearing how horrible they are and they're out to kill black people and they don't need the equipment they use for certain things. Especially from people who don't do the job, or wouldn't do the job, couldn't do the job, don't know what the job entails, and basically all around don't have a clue. I think that above everything makes me the angriest. I live this life. My husband lives this life. My kids live this life.----and people don't believe US when we say what goes on in this profession--but they'll believe someone who has not spent one second in the profession. And when you hear someone lie, and someone do everything possible to incite the population like that, to encourage other public people that will do the same exact things...that, to me, is reprehensible, and that speaks to the core of his person and his character.

I don't care what race, color, creed, nationality, sexual orientation or whatever else we use to define and separate each other-I don't care who you are--an ******* is an *******.

Guns. There are things that could be done, things that could be talked about, and they aren't, and they won't be, and that pisses me off. I do feel that certain instances are used to increase support for things that politicians are aiming for. I do believe that 25 kids (random numbers, all) killed in a school shooting twist people's hearts more than 100 kids randomly killed during gang violence. And I do believe that the 100 kids randomly killed during gang violence are being ignored b/c in the grand scheme of things, it's easier to go after the single perpetrator of the 25 and where that weapon came from, rather than the multiple perpetrators of the 100. I watch things on TV, interviews w/people who deal drugs, they deal guns, they deal in criminal activity full stop, and those people *laugh* at what they do. They laugh b/c they're making hand over fist, they laugh b/c nobody will come after them, b/c nobody can do anything to them, b/c nobody *will* do anything to them, and they laugh b/c people's attention is constantly being turned away from them, allowing them by default to continue to do the things they do. And then all these things are held up in front of us...like that damn monkey on The Lion King holding Simba up for viewing, held up to us like these things are our Savior. They are our Jesus Christ on a piece of paper. Ohhh this ONE thing is going to be our saving grace, it's going to make all the bad gunky go away--and when those of us in the know, who live it, say um..let's talk about this, let's look at this, let's figure this out, this isn't going to work and this is why, we're completely lambasted and treated like *we're* the ones who are committing these atrocities. And it starts at the top. It all starts at the top.

And now, b/c of those things, I feel like our country is going to have a backlash, and that scares me. I feel like people who have been trucking along tra la la la la skipping thru the middle of every issue..sometimes more to the left, sometimes more to the right but pretty much staying the course in the middle, those of us who are more willing to compromise on issues, are now going to be pushed one way or the other more toward a specific side, either side, b/c we're so fed up. And extremes are never the answer, they're never going to get us anywhere-either extreme, either side, is not going to work. But some of us feel like we're backed into a corner.

And again, I feel that all starts at the top. Rather than taking the high road and being the model for everyone, setting the example, instead of saying "hey, it's not ok, it's not right, but I don't hold an entire profession to the flame for the action of one, or blame an entire population who partake in a specific culture b/c of certain actions, let's get to the bottom of this so we all feel safe", I feel he chose to purposely divide us even more. He chose to say "X did this and X is bad, X is after all of us" I don't know that there is coming back from division like that. There isn't in my head or my heart. There isn't in JD's head or his heart.

This. [ slow. clap. ]

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1452214292|3972381 said:
Queenie60|1452213909|3972379 said:
Dancing Fire|1452213771|3972377 said:
JoCoJenn|1452212064|3972366 said:
Dancing Fire|1452209610|3972352 said:
[quote="JoCoJenn|

So, he gets a big fat F in my book.

:-o ...don't say that!. there are too many liberals here.. :wink2:

Nu uhh! For realZ? :-o
77% of PSers are liberals... :bigsmile:

I'm part of the 23% !!!! How do you know this? Just curious.

Now that makes 10 of ya!... :lol: If we do a survey the result will be 77% vs 23%... ;))[/quote]
Hi...

Please, I don't see any liberals disrespecting your political party. I do see the two of you getting dangerously close to disrespecting mine! I would appreciate it if you would extend the respect that you are being shown.

It is very easy to lob pots shots both ways.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
House Cat|1452274745|3972714 said:
Dancing Fire|1452214292|3972381 said:
Queenie60|1452213909|3972379 said:
Dancing Fire|1452213771|3972377 said:
JoCoJenn|1452212064|3972366 said:
Dancing Fire|1452209610|3972352 said:
JoCoJenn said:
So, he gets a big fat F in my book.

:-o ...don't say that!. there are too many liberals here.. :wink2:

Nu uhh! For realZ? :-o
77% of PSers are liberals... :bigsmile:

I'm part of the 23% !!!! How do you know this? Just curious.

Now that makes 10 of ya!... :lol: If we do a survey the result will be 77% vs 23%... ;))
Hi...

Please, I don't see any liberals disrespecting your political party. I do see the two of you getting dangerously close to disrespecting mine! I would appreciate it if you would extend the respect that you are being shown.

It is very easy to lob pots shots both ways.

Has there ever been a poll done? My impression has always been that there is a small conservative majority on here. Not in terms of all issues, but in overall leanings.

I am glad that the conversation has been respectful up to this point. I think we all know how easy it would be for a thread like this to devolve into getting shut down. Thanks for all your responses thus far. :wavey:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm just going to say ditto to everything packrat and momhappy said. The anti-LE attitude that has appeared is sickening. Black lives matter. White lives matter. WE ALL MATTER. I never have to worry about being shot by the police, not because I'm white, but because I'd never put myself in a situation where that might be an end result. I don't break the law, I don't run from police, I don't fight police.

And a big ditto to the melting pot thing. My relatives came from everywhere, including Russia back in the early 1900s. They didn't demand everything be in Russian, nor did they expect a bunch of handouts. They learned English, worked hard, and became successful Americans. Isn't that the dream?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last few presidencies have been a failure, not just the Obama Administration. So many things are wrong with the justice system, government, education system, etc. and I don't see it improving any time soon. :knockout:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that the Environment Summit was a big win for Obama. I am happy with what he has done for our environment.

That little Bin Laden thing was cool.

He took the blame for a lot of things done by the previous administration, to include the complete withdrawal of the troops from Iraq. There is video footage of Cheney stating that he and his people negotiated the withdrawal and he called the Iraq initiative "a success." What is disturbing is the fact that the video footage is so difficult to find. I can only find it on a Daily Show episode anymore. This tells me that it has been intentionally buried. Obama took the blame for being the president who spent more money than any other president in history, but the Iraq and Afghanistan wars were put on his dime. Had they been put where they belong, on Bush's budget, he would have been reigning king of spending.

Each time I am out, I see "now hiring" signs at all of the smaller businesses. I don't know how it is for the bigger businesses, but maybe it is the same.

All of the foreclosures are sold in my area and actually, property values are soaring!!!

It appears the economy has recovered from the standpoint of the people.

I also fully believe that the propaganda campaign that has followed him through his presidency will go down in history. It was carefully designed to avert the people's eyes from what he was really doing and move them to make them believe he isn't doing a thing. The only problem is that these things he supposedly wasn't doing were the job of congress. The president is not omnipotent. This propaganda campaign was ugly, racist, full of lies, and very low class. I saw middle class, and even upper middle class people sharing outwardly racist and small minded memes in the name of Obama bashing, popular memes. People didn't care as long as they were fanning the fires of hate for HIM, and hate him they do. It is like...an electronic lynching. A lot of times when I ask someone why they hate Obama, I get, "I just hate him." or "he hasn't done anything." Both, very empty answers.

I believe a long time from now, his presidency will be looked upon in a positive manner

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and one last thing...

I am ready for a new Congress. Can all of you do me a favor and fire your congressperson, if possible? I am going to do the same!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1452256931|3972572 said:
JoCoJenn|1452202619|3972308 said:
One of my greatest hopes was to see the racial divide in our country finally heal with a black president, and I feel he set race relations back 50 years with his divisiveness. And his behavior and actions toward law enforcement has such crippling effects in communities that will take a long time to overcome.

packrat said:
And again, I feel that all starts at the top. Rather than taking the high road and being the model for everyone, setting the example, instead of saying "hey, it's not ok, it's not right, but I don't hold an entire profession to the flame for the action of one, or blame an entire population who partake in a specific culture b/c of certain actions, let's get to the bottom of this so we all feel safe", I feel he chose to purposely divide us even more. He chose to say "X did this and X is bad, X is after all of us" I don't know that there is coming back from division like that. There isn't in my head or my heart. There isn't in JD's head or his heart.

This is an interesting perspective to me, because I have never heard it before. Care to expand on this with specific examples or references?

I work at a VA hospital, and some of the older white vets were scared, literally frightened that they now had a black president (lots of Muslim, antichrist references). I'm glad that you feel we live in a color blind world, but we don't, especially when it comes to black males and police. I'm not trying to be inflammatory or divisive, but it's there, it's a departmental and a cultural problem. If it's a problem, then we as a country should address it even if it makes us uncomfortable. The racial divide has been here long before Obama. You can blame Obama for the divisiveness, but that's shooting the messenger.

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/gallery/073009_beer_summit_obama/

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="House Cat|

It is very easy to lob pots shots both ways.[/quote]

When have I not respected your political views?.. :confused:
Deb and I will never see eye to eye on political views, but I still love her. No hard feelings towards her... :))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe there are people who were scared, the Vets you speak of. But guess what, that's not going to change when the one they're scared of incites the races against one another. He had the perfect opportunity to do something to work toward changing people's perceptions, and that didn't happen--it's much worse now. I don't believe we live in a color blind world-none of us believe that. What I believe is that we SHOULD live in a color blind world (there's my idealism) but we DON'T (and the realism) and until we get our heads out of our asses and start talking and working on bridging the gap, rather than purposely making it Us V Them in ALL things-black v white, LE v citizens, LE v black, gun owners v non gun owners etc etc etc, we never will. (that's the common sense-ism)

I don't blame Obama b/c he was the messenger. He wasn't the messenger--he was the wedge to push the gap wider.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
packrat|1452301819|3972989 said:
I believe there are people who were scared, the Vets you speak of. But guess what, that's not going to change when the one they're scared of incites the races against one another. He had the perfect opportunity to do something to work toward changing people's perceptions, and that didn't happen--it's much worse now. I don't believe we live in a color blind world-none of us believe that. What I believe is that we SHOULD live in a color blind world (there's my idealism) but we DON'T (and the realism) and until we get our heads out of our asses and start talking and working on bridging the gap, rather than purposely making it Us V Them in ALL things-black v white, LE v citizens, LE v black, gun owners v non gun owners etc etc etc, we never will. (that's the common sense-ism)

I don't blame Obama b/c he was the messenger. He wasn't the messenger--he was the wedge to push the gap wider.

Do you think he incited by actively pitting groups against each other or incited by staying silent and not addressing the issues?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe he incited by twisting it into a black v white issue and also a black v law enforcement (specifically white law enforcement) issue. And that comes not from someone on the outside looking in, not from someone reading the paper or watching the stupid news shows that skew things either way, not from someone who believes what she sees/hears in the media-this comes from someone who has spent 7 years in the LE family and has intimate knowledge of how it works, what it entails, someone who has a spouse in LE, someone who hears exactly what goes on day to day hour to hour in this profession. LEO's were specifically singled out as the boogeymen in the closet, under the bed, lurking, waiting.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat there are many instances of black police profiling and harrassing as well. I haven't seen anything where Obama says this is white racist cop issue. I can't find it but there was a good editorial written by a Black policeman talking about department promoting profiling and if you did not participate, your career was affected. So that speaks that it is not an individual racism, but local, departmental. It is being talked about, not because of Obama, but because of high profile cases in the news. I don't think Obama or anyone else has disrespected law enforcement by feeling this is an issue to address, or not acknowledged that LE is a dangerous risky and difficult profession, where one has to make life or death decisions in seconds. I certainly wouldn't want the job. So speaking to the issue, encouraging cameras in police cars to promote transparency is addressing a problem not attacking police. Cameras help police as much as they help the public, because it will show what happened, and not he said, she said situations.

And the vets I was speaking of were saying this when he was elected, at the beginning of his term before any legislation, anything. Wasn't based on anything other than what they were reading and hearing from talking heads "Rush said" etc. You can look at the internet comments. Even if it is not an article anything about Obama, but if it involves a Black person, or really anything, the comments will be about Obama "thanks Obama", calling him lucifer, satan, baboon, muslim, etc. There is a deep well of hate, and a group of people who fan that hate, fear, and diviciveness and profit by pitting people against each other. If people respond with hate, hate only grows. If people respond with fear, they are going to respond and perceive everything in fear. We all need to think for ourselves and be part of the SOLUTION, not the problem.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1452353191|3973180 said:
Packrat there are many instances of black police profiling and harrassing as well. I haven't seen anything where Obama says this is white racist cop issue. I can't find it but there was a good editorial written by a Black policeman talking about department promoting profiling and if you did not participate, your career was affected. So that speaks that it is not an individual racism, but local, departmental. It is being talked about, not because of Obama, but because of high profile cases in the news. I don't think Obama or anyone else has disrespected law enforcement by feeling this is an issue to address, or not acknowledged that LE is a dangerous risky and difficult profession, where one has to make life or death decisions in seconds. I certainly wouldn't want the job. So speaking to the issue, encouraging cameras in police cars to promote transparency is addressing a problem not attacking police. Cameras help police as much as they help the public, because it will show what happened, and not he said, she said situations.

And the vets I was speaking of were saying this when he was elected, at the beginning of his term before any legislation, anything. Wasn't based on anything other than what they were reading and hearing from talking heads "Rush said" etc. You can look at the internet comments. Even if it is not an article anything about Obama, but if it involves a Black person, or really anything, the comments will be about Obama "thanks Obama", calling him lucifer, satan, baboon, muslim, etc. There is a deep well of hate, and a group of people who fan that hate, fear, and diviciveness and profit by pitting people against each other. If people respond with hate, hate only grows. If people respond with fear, they are going to respond and perceive everything in fear. We all need to think for ourselves and be part of the SOLUTION, not the problem.

Wow, that's perfect party gypsy. I'm printing out your quote and putting it on my fridge next to an excerpt from President Dwight D. Eisenhower's "The Chance for Peace" speech that I enjoy re-reading.

Thank you.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
The answer is a question; what has he accomplished? Let's not talk healthcare, because we all know that isn't working as it was promised, nor is it Affordable. :rolleyes:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1452386016|3973452 said:
The answer is a question; what has he accomplished? Let's not talk healthcare, because we all know that isn't working as it was promised, nor is it Affordable. :rolleyes:
That is a difficult Q to answer... :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Prez made this statement during last night's State of the Union ..."we are the most respected nation on earth". .. :hand: then how can this happen to our sailors? ... :rolleyes: :wall: Every nation on earth pisses on our face whenever they feel like it. This was done to humiliate Barack Obama in front of the whole world.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/12/politics/10-u-s-sailors-in-iranian-custody/

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't worry DF, it's not as personal as you think. Iran did EXACTLY the same thing to a bunch of sailors from the British Navy in - was it 2007? After capturing and holding them, when they went home he made them wear horrid clothes he'd had made and gave them the equivalent of partybags, I believe. I remember a shot of them all lined up at the airport on the tarmac with these stupid clothes and bags looking as if they basically had to thank him (Dinner Jacket) for their stay. He wants to humiliate the West. They'd do the same to the French, Germans, Italians, Canadians. etc etc.

I call Ahmedinejhad (or however he spells his name) Dinner Jacket.

I do think America is very respected even if some don't think much of our guns or our obesity rates. For example, I think common consensus is that the President of the United States is in the most powerful position in the world. You say that nations trample over us but the British are our allies, and everybody respected us when the SAS killed bin Laden, something that no other nation had managed to do. It's also commonly known, I think, that many, many medical advances come from America, because there is the money to develop machines and carry out research.

So don't feel too down, DF!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1452743166|3975753 said:
The Prez made this statement during last night's State of the Union ..."we are the most respected nation on earth". .. :hand: then how can this happen to our sailors? ... :rolleyes: :wall: Every nation on earth pisses on our face whenever they feel like it. This was done to humiliate Barack Obama in front of the whole world.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/12/politics/10-u-s-sailors-in-iranian-custody/

You mean kind of like what happened under Reagan's watch, in Lebanon, 241 servicemen were bombed and killed in their barracks (1983)? Even though at least one of his lower administrators warned Regan, said the servicemen were in danger and should be pulled out?

Now we have even more extreme terrorists around (Daesh). A number of political analysts point to things done during Republican administrations (Reagan, Bush 1 and 2) with causing conditions for some of these dictactors and groups to gain power.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1452749115|3975800 said:
I do think America is very respected even if some don't think much of our guns or our obesity rates. For example, I think common consensus is that the President of the United States is in the most powerful position in the world. You say that nations trample over us but the British are our allies, and everybody respected us when the SAS killed bin Laden, something that no other nation had managed to do. It's also commonly known, I think, that many, many medical advances come from America, because there is the money to develop machines and carry out research.

It used to be until Mr. Obama became Prez. Today Putin is the most powerful man in the world.

And why did Secretary of State John Kerry thanked leaders in Iran for humiliating us with that video? :wacko: The Iranians pissed on our face in front of the whole world and we thanked them for doing it. Yup, that shows the true strength of our leadership in D.C. :wall:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right, Obama didn't protect us from terrorism.

George W. Bush did a much better job.
Talk about a failed presidency! :nono:

screen_shot_2016-01-14_at_4.png

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1452818922|3976135 said:
You're right, Obama didn't protect us from terrorism.

George W. Bush did a much better job.
Talk about a failed presidency! :nono:
you can say the same about FDR when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. I am not a fan of GWB either.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Dancing Fire said:

It used to be until Mr. Obama became Prez. Today Putin is the most powerful man in the world.

And why did Secretary of State John Kerry thanked leaders in Iran for humiliating us with that video? :wacko: The Iranians pissed on our face in front of the whole world and we thanked them for doing it. Yup, that shows the true strength of our leadership in D.C. :wall:

What do you think should have been done differently? Obviously you don't think John Kerry should've said what he said. What do you think Obama should've done?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1452868199|3976326 said:
Dancing Fire said:

What do you think should have been done differently? Obviously you don't think John Kerry should've said what he said. What do you think Obama should've done?

Well, couldn't Mr. Obama have challenged him to a duel-six shooters at high noon? That seems sufficiently manly. They could both holster up and meet in the dusty main road with all the town folk lined up to watch.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1452868670|3976327 said:
Dancing Fire said:

Well, couldn't Mr. Obama have challenged him to a duel-six shooters at high noon? That seems sufficiently manly. They could both holster up and meet in the dusty main road with all the town folk lined up to watch.

Putin believes he is the most powerful man in the world. Apparently Republicans confuse swagger with power and believe that as well. Perhaps they prefer Putin over Obama as leader. I certainly do not.

The fact of the matter is past recent Republican presidents have had things happen in their term (for example Reagan Lebanon bombing, and subsequently trading arms for hostages Iran Contra deal) if they occurred during a Democratic president the same actions would be considered appeasement, weak, traitorous and certainly impeachable offenses. Their heads would explode. Reagan got off because he "I don't remember". The only conclusion is that he either did impeachable acts and lied, or was incompetent in knowing what was going on in his administration.

For Bush II, having heads of state use fabricated evidence to start a war (with the wrong country). When they occur during Republican tenure, the party line: be outraged at what other countries have done, and stand with the president as part of our patriotic duty no matter what. Remember the quote George Bush "If you are not with us you are against us"? After 9/11 someone being arrested simply for wearing a tshirt critical of the president. Our jobs as citizens? "Go shopping". I know many Republicans since then have withdrawn their support of Bush II, but at the time, if you said anything critical of the president you were told you were unpatriotic, and Unamerican. The same hands off policy was happening in the press as well, because we all had to stand together. Now we have situations of teabaggers grouping together wearing guns, congress on investigations such as on Planned Parenthood and Benghazi (4 US deaths), wasting MILLIONS of our tax dollars and finding nothing substansive. So yes, I am angry and disgusted, but not about Obama.

I'm not saying it is right for people to blindly follow leaders. I think it is great we have a free press. But I do worry that much of the public media is now owned by individuals who are conservative, publish news on 24 news cycle with certain slant, and that we have seen, both in the media and the people feeding on that media give free pass to unpatriotic and often illegal acts of people on one side of the political spectrum, while spending hours critiqing the other side for what, crying at the thought of murdered schoolchildren and their teacher protectors? I say you don't know how good you have it under Obama, giving the items you are criticizing him for. And I truly hope that if we are really tested as a nation by something terrible, that we can stand together as Americans and support each other, versus tearing each other apart.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By numbers he's a fantastic success, by conservative standards he's a failure... So many Americans don't even understand white privilege and don't think they have it that it's wasteful to try and gauge Americans.. I voted for him 2x and would again, my only complaint is that he didn't try to work as hard as he should have in the first 4 years with the republicans.. he might have been able to mitigate some of the horrible things the republicans have done for years now... I like his stand on gun control, I think Americans forget that we have an aging population that is not being replaced - immigrants are doing this, people wish for their own version of America, white, religious, male dominated.. the world is changing and whether people want to accept that is of no consequence because America is changing..

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree that America is changing. This may not be a popular opinion, but my theory is that over the next 100 years America will become more like Europe in terms of its women's rights, human rights, guns, and healthcare. We are already going in that direction with Obamacare and Obama's action on guns, and the death penalty is under constant barrage with states claiming that they cannot get hold of the right drugs, etc. (Big article in TIME on this last year.) America is far behind Europe in women's rights such as maternity pay and maternity leave, and I don't foresee us staying as out of step with other developed countries as we currently are. The next 100-150 years will bring a gradual drift toward us treating our citizens more like other developed countries treat theirs. In Some European countries the benefits are - depending on the country - the Pill free, the old get payments toward their heat bills in winter, and the lengthy maternity leave is actually parental leave that can be split between both parents or taken only by the father if the couple want. I think the future will bring us much closer to the European model of living but it will take many, many decades. This means, of course, many more presidents who are Democrats.

JMHO.

ETA: I wonder if, one day, many many many decades in the future, America will become part of the EU and it will be called "The Union of Europe and the United States." I don't mean to give Republicans nightmares or anything, but stranger things have happened. Then we'll pay for our Starbucks in Euros! :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire said:

IMO, the Prez was correct for not commenting ,but it was not necessary for John Kerry to thanked leaders of Iran for humiliating us with that video.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results