shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the diamond economy bad enough to upgrade diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elnino2783

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, Last April I got engaged and picked out a really nice diamond with all of your help. Here''s a link to the info about the ring I bought (all specs included):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/shaneco-shane-classic-0-76-ct-round-your-thoughts.82388/

Basically, I was wondering whether or not the current economy has brought down prices enough to make it worth upgrading.

I had paid $4725 for the diamond, $1000 for the bridal set, and when I appraised everything as one (set diamond in the whole bridal set), it was valued at $6770.

I was wondering if a larger diamond today could be had for close to the same price as the old diamond. Basically I would be taking advantage of Shane Co.''s upgrade policy that says to upgrade my diamond I would only have to pay $1 more than I had paid for the original diamond.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I''ve included a picture of the diamond set in the ring .

jnetRing2.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Isn''t that company in some kind of bankruptcy reorganization? I''d look into that first, and if that were the case, I''d stay away.

I''d like to say that I like what you already have! I wouldn''t upgrade it, I don''t think. What about it do you want to upgrade? I think it''s beautiful.

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I hadn't heard that about Shane & Co.!

I've had a couple of jeweler's mention that now is probably a better time to buy diamonds than when the market is more stable (neither of them was attempting to make a sale). Whether "better time" means "rock bottom cheap" is another story, though. But I guess diamonds probably won't get any CHEAPER in the near future.

Have you tried pricing any of Shane & Co's current diamonds? I guess it couldn't hurt to look around. Though I agree with imdanny -- the current ring is gorgeous!

elnino2783

Rough_Rock
Yeah I did here they filed for something like Bankruptcy protection but I''m already stuck with a year old ring from them so I figured I''d make the most out of their exchange policy and the current economy if I could. And yeah we are very satisfied with the current diamond, just always willing to get a larger diamond if it is of equal or better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results