shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the depth ok? please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m interested in this diamond, here is the spec:
AGS cert;
measurement: 7.15x7.18x4.47;
Table Percentage: 54.63%
Depth Percentage: 62.42%
Crown Ú: 34.63‹
Crown Depth: 15.76%
Pavilion Ú: 40.77‹
Pavilion Depth: 42.97%
Upper Girdle Ú: 39.81‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 41.96‹

HCA: 1.4 ex/ex/ex/vg. I feel concerned about the depth, found out it seems 62.3% is the limit, can anyone tell me is the table/depth good for this diamond? Any advices are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, it is fine.

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Thanks JulieN. Does the table/depth make the diamond look smaller? or add extra weight because of the depth?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes it is a little bit smaller. you won't be able to see the difference.

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
It''s kind of hard to find a perfect one through internet shopping, I like the size 1.4ct, but concerned about the depth. Checked many threads here on table/depth, found out people ususally won''t go out of 62%.
8.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a matter of preference with the depth, this diamond has very very nice proportions however.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 3:07:06 AM
Author: Arrwyn
It''s kind of hard to find a perfect one through internet shopping, I like the size 1.4ct, but concerned about the depth. Checked many threads here on table/depth, found out people ususally won''t go out of 62%.
8.gif
Arrwyn, what happened to the other ones you were looking at? As I recall, they had depths better in the sense that they''d face up bigger.

If the one you posted here is a 1.4, yes, it''s facing up smaller than my 1.4, but not by a terribly huge amount.

I still like my other pick better.
1.gif
But this would be a pretty stone I''m sure.

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Ellen; the others we talked about don''t have HCA score, the one you suggested is ex/vg/vg/vg. This has ex/ex/ex/vg, the depth of 62.42% is not in the range of 1A.

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Sorry, should be don''t have good HCA scores.
2.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 12:39:49 PM
Author: Arrwyn
Sorry, should be don''t have good HCA scores.
2.gif
Arrwyn, what HCA scores did they have? The only thing you can use HCA for is to weed out poor performers, not to compare stones. You are looking for an HCA less than 2 (in general, unless you are buying a painted aca, but that is another ball of wax!), most people prefer an HCA between 1-2.

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
I found out four diamonds and posted their spec here, three of them are above 2.0 for HCA, the only one is under 2.0, it has ex/vg/vg/vg.

The one we''re talking about here is 1.4, but since its table/depth, I''m thinking it won''t look like the size it is, also it may has the extra weight can''t see when it''s in the setting. Is it right? I''m new, just spent several weeks here.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Arrwyn,

A word about the HCA, (with all due respect to the inventor), it can''t really tell you all that info, because it doesn''t know EXACTLY how everything on that diamond is cut. I won''t even go into it, because it would only confuse you more.

It is for finding a possibly good diamond, BUT, then you get more info, which the other stone has. THIS info tells you ALL you need to know. Trust me, they don''t get better than this Arrwyn. I know you don''t know me, but I would not steer you wrong. I would buy this diamond in a heartbeat.
2.gif

I''m posting it again for comparison, and hopefully others will confirm what I''ve said.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2749/

Arrwyn

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen; I know you''re talking about this one. It''s a good one except size.

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, that GOG stone is indeed beautiful!

Brilliant_Rock
You would prefer a bit larger - yes, I see, the diameter is a bit smaller on the GOG versus the one you posted. Could you get an IS of the one you posted?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 1:13:47 PM
Author: :)
Ellen, that GOG stone is indeed beautiful!
Sure is.

Arrwyn, didn''t realize you''d decided on a bigger size, no problem. Just remember, when you have all the info Jon gives you on a stone, forget the HCA altogether.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results