shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the bottom of this diamond an issue?

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
Hello! I'm looking at this diamond and while I like the dimensions and other features, the bottom dark spaces have me concerned. I don't know what to look for in the video and feel completely lost. If anyone could give me advice I would appreciate it so much!

Or would these be a better option?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’m as clueless as you are as far as radiant cuts go. :lol-2: I don’t own any and haven’t seen enough in person to have a good sense of what’s good or not. Hopefully others will chime in soon!

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
I think I’m as clueless as you are as far as radiant cuts go. :lol-2: I don’t own any and haven’t seen enough in person to have a good sense of what’s good or not. Hopefully others will chime in soon!

Oh bummer! I appreciate the response though!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Fancy cuts are tough to judge. What do you mean by "bottom dark spaces?' And some ppl say that the only real way to judge a radiant is in person.

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
Fancy cuts are tough to judge. What do you mean by "bottom dark spaces?' And some ppl say that the only real way to judge a radiant is in person.

In the video of the first one, it seems that when the diamond moves there are some facets that look darker, like maybe light leaking out? But I really don't know enough about diamonds to know if that's what it is or if I'm even saying the correct term, LOL

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
So sometimes facets go dark, and that’s ok. That’s why round brilliants have the arrows. Light needs to reflect off facets and have contrast in order to give flashes of light.

Thing is, these fancy cuts can have a “ground glass” appearance which can sometimes look mushy. Have you seen some of Jonathan @rhino’s videos on YouTube? Or maybe you can reach out to him directly at Distinctive Gem. He can provide ASET images of all his stones. He’s an expert on all cuts.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I’m also not familiar with radiants. DejaWiz and Kim N might have educated opinions, i hope they chime in. My only thought is COLOR. I love the E colors; I strongly prefer colorless stones. There’s something luxurious about them!

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I’m also not familiar with radiants. DejaWiz and Kim N might have educated opinions, i hope they chime in. My only thought is COLOR. I love the E colors; I strongly prefer colorless stones. There’s something luxurious about them!

That's ok! As a hairstylist my eye is definitely trained for color. I saw warmth in G so I know I would prefer higher but still open...

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I also used Paul Gian from the site beyond4cs.com. For free, he evaluated a few elongated cushions from Brian Gavin that I had picked out. His blog is also very helpful. You might reach out to him with your picks.
https://beyond4cs.com

Lovebirdy

Rough_Rock
I also used Paul Gian from the site beyond4cs.com. For free, he evaluated a few elongated cushions from Brian Gavin that I had picked out. His blog is also very helpful. You might reach out to him with your picks.
https://beyond4cs.com

Thank you so much! I will look into this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results