shape
carat
color
clarity

is the AGS triple zero thing all hype or what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enibas

Rough_Rock
the jewelers we're currently talking with admit that it will cost "a little bit more"...should we jsut ask for a grade lower than AGS 000 (which is ?WHAT? by the way) to get more bang for the buck?

thanks, y'all,
enibas:confused:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Enibas, Garry Holloway addresses the AGS cut grading system quite well in his article "Flawed Cut Grading Systems", which you can find at http://www.diamond-cut.com.au/22_flawed.htm

It is food for thought. It's a reality that you can find stones lower than the "0" grade which are in real life as pretty (or prettier) than the "O".

If I were buying a diamond, I would rely more on the HCA as an indicator than the "O" grade.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
By the way, Garry's IdealScope will give you practical hand's on assistance in selecting a diamond face-to-face.

If you haven't heard about it, check it out at his site. It's only $25, but makes the process of elimination and selection exponentially easier.

Rich

Garry, just send my commission to:

Sarasota Gemological Laboratory
640 S. Washington, Ste 175
Sarasota, Fl 34232

PS Enibas- Dave Atlas also sells the IdealScope at his website http://www.gemappraisers.com/index.htm

phi368

Rough_Rock
One thing I wanted to mention was find a dealer that will perform Brilliance scope tests for you. I dont' think there's a better way to evaluate. The HCA is indeed helpful, but I had a stone that rated under a 1 but got mostly goods on the Brilliance scope. Then I had another stone that rated a 3.7 or 4.7, and got almost all very goods. Needless to say, the stone with the very goods also performed better to the eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results