shape
carat
color
clarity

Is slightly less more?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenvandiver

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for any opinions on this. My fiancé and I are having a jeweler “build” my engagement/wedding ring. What I wanted was a platinum band with baguette sidestones, 2 on each side. Yesterday, the jeweler showed me the following ring - a 1.02 ct radiant shaped diamond with roughly .5 ct of sidestones and 4mm band. When I put it on my finger, I hate to say it but it seemed like a little much. I’m wondering at this point if I should tone it down just slightly with a .75 ct center stone, .45-.5 ct of sidestones and a 3.5 mm rounded band. Any ideas on the look/overall comparison of doing this? I don’t want to have the jeweler go through the trouble until I’m not fairly sure about the results…

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
I'd guess that the width of the band and the amount of side stones was what felt "a little much"---not the center stone. I think a 1ct. center stone in what you described originally on maybe a 3 to 3.5 mm band would be a big difference----in my opinion.
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I imagine you might feel that the ring is a little too showy or large for you right now. However, I have rarely met a woman who found her initial engagement overly large after a few months or a few years. Time has a way of allowing you, your family and friends to grow accustomed to the jewelry you wear, just like the kind of clothing and amount of make-up you choose.

The combination may seem a little large, but if you think it looks pretty, don't spoil the moment by having to re-make the entire ring and stone selection. THese diamonds and ring are a gift, a symbolic moment in your life. It may be prudent to say "I love it." Put it on and be proud of it.

In 10 years you can replace it with something that is perfect for you as you'll be incharge of that department totally by then....I have a pretty good idea about that since I have been married for 33 years to the same woman.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
33 years OldMiner....this means 33 birthday gits + 33 Christmas
gifts...that's 66 gifts.... maybe 66 pieces of jewelry...

I'm pretty sure your wife has a ring on each and every single finger and toe!

And I'm pretty sure you have 66 ties (brand new) lying somewhere
you don't remember in your house.

Trichrome.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results