shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Signed Pieces the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone, this is one of my first posts as a fledgling PSer
35.gif
I was wondering, so many people have such great things to say about Signed Pieces, and FI and I are on their waiting list for my dream e-ring (tiffany solitaire with channel set band) for a while now. We''re both far to impatient to simply wait tho! I have very strong suspicions that FI is in the beginning stages of getting a replica made, but he''s verrrry slow and secretive about giving up any info. So, my question is, is Signed Pieces THE mecca for beautiful second hand jewelry? Or are there others that are as reputable? They''ve been really great so far so I''d be happy to stick with them. It''s just I''m so darn impatient when it comes to my beautiful future sparkly...I want I want I want!
3.gif

LOVE this website, what a *mine* of information...Google is redundant, I now PS everything I want to know! Love reading all your insightful, helpful and kind words
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are others that are reputable for sure, but return policies aren''t as good, pictures aren''t as good, etc.

Another one that comes to mind is Israel Rose Estate Jewelry, but their return period is very short. And Lang''s in San Francisco sometimes has Tiffany stuff too...

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Rau Anitques (http://rauantiques.com) also has a Tiffany section. Nothing in the way of solitaires there at the moment, but do take a look...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do Pearlmans sell second hand jewellery also? Not 100% sure though. I love browsing signed pieces-so much beautiful jewellery!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2008 2:26:05 PM
Author: bee*
Do Pearlmans sell second hand jewellery also? Not 100% sure though. I love browsing signed pieces-so much beautiful jewellery!

They do, but I haven''t ever seen any Tiffany stuff there.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes you can find a great deal on ebay too. There is a risk involved so make sure you are comfortable with the seller. It will be great if you can meet them in person at a Tiffany but I know that isn't always possible.

I believe in your other post you were looking for something around 1 ct with a price of between 6000 to 7000. Without knowning your finger size, here are some tiffany rings I found on ebay. I don't think they meet your requirements but you can keep looking and see if something comes up.

Eternity Band
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Tiffany-DIAMOND-ETERNITY-WEDDING-RING-BAND_W0QQitemZ400005789243

Solitaires
http://cgi.ebay.com/Estate-Tiffany-Co-1-14ct-Ideal-Cut-H-VS1-Diamond-Ring_W0QQitemZ230305799288
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiffany-Co-Platinum-Engagement-Diamond-Ring-59-VS2-H_W0QQitemZ280283363350
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiffany-Co-Platinum-VS1-F-Diamond-Engagement-ring_W0QQitemZ200272473902
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tiffany-Novo-Diamond-Platinum-Engagement-Ring_W0QQitemZ180304352565
http://cgi.ebay.com/TIFFANY-CO-ROUND-DIAMOND-1-54CT-E-VS1-PLATINUM-RING_W0QQitemZ180304622763

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Also try Nelson Rarities they have far more than is listed on the website, and also Lang''s Antiques. They have a small lucida now but may have more stock than shows online. You may also want to call upscale estate/consignment places in your major metropolitan area. Happy hunting!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
DH purchased my Cartier rolling ring from estatejewels.com. They carry many designers and have really great customer service!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks everyone! Oldmancoyote, that Rau Antiques website is incredible, they have such beautiful pieces, and some really gorgeous gold wedding bands. CharmyPoo, those are great finds on E-bay! Could even be worth buying the solitaire and having it reset if I could find a really good bargain. I guess if there is PayPal protection and a returns policy you''re pretty safe? Mercoledi, I sent e-mails to both of those websites, so we''ll see what they say! Thanks a million. Oobiecoo, that website has a great Tiffany section, I e-mailed them too!! I I''m in the process of moving from Ireland to Redlands CA with my FI, so not sure what''s out there yet but will have loads of fun looking! These places are great to have for future bargain jewelry purchases, thanks all!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh and neatfreak and bee* thanks for your input too! That Lang''s website is pretty good. Pearlman''s may not have what I''m looking for right now but they do have great stuff so it''s great to know anyways!

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
Try to stay away from ebay. Yes you can find soime great deals, but more often than not people are unhappy with their purchases... When it comes to the tiffany channel set replica look at exceldiamonds.com. They have one of the best ones in the market and having personally bought one, I can't recommend them enough...

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
the other thing is there are horror stories of paypal NOT protecting people with purchases that were misrepresented.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ooh ok good to know sparxs!! I''ll stick to small purchases from E-bay, I guess if something looks too good to be true it usually is huh?? Haven''t heard any horror stories about PayPal tho? That said I actually haven''t heard any stories at all...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t attempted any huge purchases on eBay but deals can be have. I remember a while back a PSer got an authentic and gorgeous Tiffany ring from eBay for an amazing deal. I also remember reading a Tiffany Legacy that was won off eBay by another PSer but I am not sure if it ha been authenticated yet. One of my friends purchased a Tiffany Novo on eBay for half the retail price - confirmed authentic by Tiffany. So yes - deals can be had if you know what you are doing.

eBay sometimes makes the too good to be true .. a reality. I purchased a $2000 wedding gown for under $100 and it was authentic and brand new (smelt a little strange though).

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2008 4:07:41 PM
Author: Porridge
Ooh ok good to know sparxs!! I''ll stick to small purchases from E-bay, I guess if something looks too good to be true it usually is huh?? Haven''t heard any horror stories about PayPal tho? That said I actually haven''t heard any stories at all...

We bought a Wii bundle last yr on ebay and it cost us 500.00. We thought it was one of those ppl that bought 2 while in line, never sold on ebay, etc. We hadn''t ever bought a large item before and didn''t know that you are only protected up to X$$$ depending on the seller, etc. Well, we never got our Wii...and they only gave us 200.00 back. Only after 4 hours on the phone did they finally give us the $$$ back and they had to tell us about the policy on ebay. Buy from power sellers and check the amount on the page to see how much your protected for...it''s bull crap.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 4:39:28 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I haven''t attempted any huge purchases on eBay but deals can be have. I remember a while back a PSer got an authentic and gorgeous Tiffany ring from eBay for an amazing deal. I also remember reading a Tiffany Legacy that was won off eBay by another PSer but I am not sure if it ha been authenticated yet. One of my friends purchased a Tiffany Novo on eBay for half the retail price - confirmed authentic by Tiffany. So yes - deals can be had if you know what you are doing.

eBay sometimes makes the too good to be true .. a reality. I purchased a $2000 wedding gown for under $100 and it was authentic and brand new (smelt a little strange though).

CharmyPoo was that the aquamarine legacy? That was so beautiful, I forgot about that. I don''t know either if it''s been authenticated. On a side note regarding wedding dresses, does anyone know what''s up with the dressmakers from China offering to make an identical dress for waaay cheap? Now that does sound good - made to fit and everything! Thanks for your input
1.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Those websites are wonderful iluvcarats - beladora has the Tiffany''s channel set band to match my (future) e-ring! Is it too early to buy a wedding ring 13 months before the wedding???
31.gif
Dovers also has a beautiful Lucida for anyone who''s looking. Good to know about the Wii redrose! I''ll be sure to do my homework if I decide to go that route. Oh and CharmyPoo you were right about the specs I was looking for, and I''m a size 6.

I''m not a Tiffany''s addict - I don''t require the Blue Box proposal, it''s just I *think* FI is up to something and he *won''t* let me in on it!! His mum''s cousin is married to a diamond dealer in NY, his sister''s ring is from there and it''s truly beautiful. I came across some faxes of full GIA reports for a few diamonds and they looked v good to me from what I''ve learned here (ok, so I don''t think - I know he''s up to something! And I wasn''t snooping...honest...) I think now that he knows exactly what I want he feels the rest is up to him. Anyways, I''m going banana''s waiting, and so am intent on still being involved with the whole process in my own way! Hence the current obsession with second hand websites. I sent him the link to PS and have dropped many hints - well I''ve basically just insisted he read it before doing anything
3.gif
but I''m doing him a favour there!!

Thanks so much for everyone who has helped, and for those who are just looking, the websites offered here have some really beautiful things.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun - I ordered from some of those China dress makers too. One seller - it fit perfectly but the fabric was awful. I tried again with another seller that is highly recommended on a lot of forums. So far so good - she sent me a bunch of sample fabrics to choose from. I haven''t decided what to make yet.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yeah was thinking of trying out a cocktail dress or something early next year. Depending on how that goes I might get the bridesmaids dresses made, or even the wedding dress if I don''t find a bargain elsewhere! Would love to hear about your experiences/recommendations when you know more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results