shape
carat
color
clarity

Is She As Good As Her Angles?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here, I have yet another diamond. Measurements are spot on... but she does not look all that great in the video. I put her on hold but, unfortunately, BN does not provide Ideal Scope Images. What do you, guys, think? I am 34.5/40.8 type of a gal but I expected a bit better contrast brilliance. Perhaps, "perfect" angles are not always enough.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She looks very nice in the video, not super ideal precise but very. If you are after 8 distinct black arrows, this stone is more than capable, it's just the lighting and photography technique.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
She looks very nice in the video, not super ideal precise but very. If you are after 8 distinct black arrows, this stone is more than capable, it's just the lighting and photography technique.

Yes, I think that the photography technique is lacking and does not do the stone a justice. I have also noticed a small "smudge" at 1:00 o' clock... which is not stated in GIA report. Rather odd... better look at the stone in person.
But thank you for your input!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone just going by its specs.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it’s the lighting that throws things off.
It looks spectacular. Best to view it in person, in various lighting environments, to make your final decision.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course more than the angles matter.

Remember, in the case of GIA, they take the 8 actual CA and PA values then round and average them to whatever value is shown on the GIA report.

It doesn't happen often but I did stumble across a 34.5/40.8 combo with a bunk ASET.

I would normally agree that is a safe combo assuming all the other proportions also check. And in this case they do -- 57 table, 61.6 depth, 75 LGF and 55 stars.

I also noticed the extra inclusion in the 1 o'clock position. Maybe it's worth an ask to confirm its the right diamond video?

20200119_121245.jpg

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Of course more than the angles matter.

Remember, in the case of GIA, they take the 8 actual CA and PA values then round and average them to whatever value is shown on the GIA report.

It doesn't happen often but I did stumble across a 34.5/40.8 combo with a bunk ASET.

I would normally agree that is a safe combo assuming all the other proportions also check. And in this case they do -- 57 table, 61.6 depth, 75 LGF and 55 stars.

I also noticed the extra inclusion in the 1 o'clock position. Maybe it's worth an ask to confirm its the right diamond video?

20200119_121245.jpg

Yes, that is the inclusion I was talking about! At first, I thought it was a smudge. The video seems to be the correct one as the inclusion in GIA corresponds with the one on the diamond (on the edge of the table.) So I am not sure what that "smudge" is.I asked, they could not tell either.
I was the one asking in other thread about the combo 35/40.8 (the 1.61ct diamond) and it turned out spectacular. So no angles are created equal. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results