shape
carat
color
clarity

Is she a keeper?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
What a fun, yet nerve-racking expedition this has been:)! We ordered the new setting yesterday...now it is off to find a precious diamond! The setting will be made to hold a .75-1.0ct round or princess cut.

It is a cushion cut halo/pave setting with 4 prongs! I know the bezel setting is safer, and more elegant, but my chubby fingers need height:)! I am leaning towards round, because I love SPARKLE!

So, what do you wonderful-wonderful ladies and gentlemen think of this diamond?

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1843976.htm#

I''d love a full ct, but they are a bit beyond my price range
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a winner!!

If you wanted to try to get closer to a carat, have you thought about lowering the colour and clarity to say H I or J and verified eyeclean SI clarity?

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Lorelei - thanks for the response!

I actually looked for an H, clean SI1 - but couldnt find any in the 1ct range. I looked at an I VS2 at the Jewelry store, but it looked yellow"ish" setting on my white gold setting.

If you come across an H-SI1, I''m all for it:)!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/27/2009 3:37:00 PM
Author: Chelle0511
Lorelei - thanks for the response!

I actually looked for an H, clean SI1 - but couldnt find any in the 1ct range. I looked at an I VS2 at the Jewelry store, but it looked yellow''ish'' setting on my white gold setting.

If you come across an H-SI1, I''m all for it:)!
What you could do is ask WF if they could find you one, there might be a well cut diamond on the virtual listing they could call in for you if you are open to non branded h&a diamonds? You never know!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Are you looking for a cushion or a round? The ACA you picked is lovely.

You probably already looked at this one from WF. A tad bit bigger. 0.904ct I SI1

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Thanks swingirl!

My setting is a cushion cut, but I would like a round setting bc ME-LIKEY-SPARKLE!:)! For some reason "I" color is not my favorite
7.gif
. Would really like an H:)!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure you saw a true I color? Many jewelry store diamonds are several grades off, especially uncerted diamonds or those certed by EGL or IGI. An ideal cut I color diamond should not be yellowish.

Just wouldn't want you to discount something that might be a really good option in your price range!

Also, here's a slightly larger option in an H/SI1; the ASET looks pretty good, though the table is a bit bigger than we usually see in an ideal cut. You'd have to ask WF to call in the stone, take pictures, and tell you if it's eye-clean.

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Thanks jstarfireb!

Unfortunately I''m not 100% sure, I know the envelope said "I" "SI1" ".080", and certified. They are a local reputable family-owned jewelry store...but you never know. I also know the price tag read $5200.

Which in return is why I have turned to all you lovely people:)!

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Watched that Stone Cold - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results