shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my setting uneven? Need more opinions!

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
I shipped it out today!

I decided that if the halo cannot be recasted then I will likely just exchange it for a non-halo pave setting :(

Can you return the setting and keep the stone? I think the halo is such a gorgeous look and there are other places to have it set, possibly better than JA.

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
Can you return the setting and keep the stone? I think the halo is such a gorgeous look and there are other places to have it set, possibly better than JA.

I love love love the halo look too. But I have been to a few jewelers in my area and one will not set a diamond that is not from them, the other one was 3000+ for just the setting, and another was very rude and disorganized. So we decided to go the online route.

I took a couple pictures before sending my ring off today and imagined what it'd look like as a solitaire.

20191011_153614.jpg image2926.jpeg.jpg

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
I love love love the halo look too. But I have been to a few jewelers in my area and one will not set a diamond that is not from them, the other one was 3000+ for just the setting, and another was very rude and disorganized. So we decided to go the online route.

I took a couple pictures before sending my ring off today and imagined what it'd look like as a solitaire.

20191011_153614.jpg image2926.jpeg.jpg
Glad you’re getting it fixed. I would hate to be sending it away but I’d also hate to not have had it done right when paying for something I’m going to be looking at every day.
In saying that, I LOVE that solitaire setting!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can return the setting and just keep the diamond I would contact David Klass to make your setting..

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
If you can return the setting and just keep the diamond I would contact David Klass to make your setting..

I LOVE his halos and I have seen people with them online... Do you know the cost of his halos? I'm from Canada so I guess I would have to ship it out to him to set it.

I will definitely consider those options if James Allen cannot fix my halo properly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE his halos and I have seen people with them online... Do you know the cost of his halos? I'm from Canada so I guess I would have to ship it out to him to set it.

I will definitely consider those options if James Allen cannot fix my halo properly.
@lovemochi He did my halo in my avatar..He also bezeled and milgrained my diamond too...It cost me $1,500 in January of this year. I can’t tell you how many things he’s done for me. I ship things to him all the time. He sends me a UPS insured label for the amount of the jewelry.....and I mail it..It’s insured when he’s working on it..and then sends it back to me insured UPS.

Last edited:

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
@lovemochi He did my halo in my avatar..He also bezeled and milgrained my diamond too...It cost me $1,500 in January of this year. I can’t tell you how many things he’s done for me. I ship things to him all the time. He sends me a UPS insured label for the amount of the jewelry.....and I mail it..It’s insured when he’s working on it..and then sends it back to me insured UPS.

Wow that's an amazing price for the product you got!! I'm definitely going to keep him in mind.

My ring arrived at JA in New York so now I'm just awaiting the inspection process to begin. I'm so impatient and I hope they really hear me out about remaking the halo and not just shifting the diamond more to the center!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that's an amazing price for the product you got!! I'm definitely going to keep him in mind.

My ring arrived at JA in New York so now I'm just awaiting the inspection process to begin. I'm so impatient and I hope they really hear me out about remaking the halo and not just shifting the diamond more to the center!!
I agree! What I like about him is that he is not full of himself...He is very nice and treats everything with equal care. ...The first time I contacted him was for a travel moissanite ring. I asked him if he would fix it..He had no problem with that little job...He had no idea if I was a customer that could afford more...It came back all wrapped up in his velvet box with ribbon just like it was thousands of dollars. Since then I have spent much more...He’s the same with every project..no matter what it is...
I hope your diamond just needs to be reset...but if you need to have a new setting made...I highly recommend David.

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
I agree! What I like about him is that he is not full of himself...He is very nice and treats everything with equal care. ...The first time I contacted him was for a travel moissanite ring. I asked him if he would fix it..He had no problem with that little job...He had no idea if I was a customer that could afford more...It came back all wrapped up in his velvet box with ribbon just like it was thousands of dollars. Since then I have spent much more...He’s the same with every project..no matter what it is...
I hope your diamond just needs to be reset...but if you need to have a new setting made...I highly recommend David.

Wow he sounds like he has great customer service and pays attention to delivering quality. I'm glad you had a great experience with him!!

My partner got a call from JA today who said that they are redoing the whole ring and it will ship next Friday!! So I'm super excited about this of course. So far their customer service has been really attentive and they have been keeping me updated.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Excellent! So glad that JA did a completely new setting! When you receive it, give us hand shots! I’m hoping you will be totally happy with your ring!
-C4C

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy for you @lovemochi..I can’t wait to see it on your hand!

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
I thought I'd provide an update! They sent me images of my new ring and I have to say it looks great. Its a huge improvement and it definitely looks more oval and even now!

Screenshot_20191025-143335_Email.jpg
So happy for you! It’s beautiful. :kiss2:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Please take and post your own pics when you get it! I’m glad they redid the setting for you! If you don’t have one, have you considered getting a macro lense for your phone from amazon? I got a $40 one upon recommendation from another PSer and it helped me to clearly SEE and photograph my jewelry, up close, all the details. Then, I could clearly see if something was off or just perfect. (And then agonize over my plan B if something was just not right.)

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
Please take and post your own pics when you get it! I’m glad they redid the setting for you! If you don’t have one, have you considered getting a macro lense for your phone from amazon? I got a $40 one upon recommendation from another PSer and it helped me to clearly SEE and photograph my jewelry, up close, all the details. Then, I could clearly see if something was off or just perfect. (And then agonize over my plan B if something was just not right.)

Thank you for the suggestion! I'd love to, but I'm afraid I'll always find something to nitpick about haha. I think they did an amazing job and considering that it's handmade, nothing can be 100% perfect. I'm just very happy that the halo is much more proportionate to the stone and there is no overlapping business going on. I will definitely post pics when I get it next week!!

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
Here is a (crappy) comparison of the differences. You can definitely see how the halo is more elongated now and fits the diamond better!! I'll post another before and after when I actually receive it! IMG_20191025_154644.jpg

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion! I'd love to, but I'm afraid I'll always find something to nitpick about haha. I think they did an amazing job and considering that it's handmade, nothing can be 100% perfect. I'm just very happy that the halo is much more proportionate to the stone and there is no overlapping business going on. I will definitely post pics when I get it next week!!

haha yeah. I know what you mean. My current e-ring has one prong that is slightly off kilter, just by a couple hairs. I can see it under a loupe. Other than that, can’t see it. I’d rather live with it than send it back since it’s so slight.

Can’t wait to see new pics! :kiss2:

lovemochi

Rough_Rock
OMG here it is!!! I am SOOOOOO happy with it! ITS PERFECT! I had my partner open it and take pics for me as I wasn't there. It looks even bigger than before?! Or is it just me?! But WOW is all I can say! So glad I sent it in!
IMG-20191031-WA0047.jpg IMG-20191031-WA0056.jpg IMG-20191031-WA0052.jpg IMG-20191031-WA0051.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG here it is!!! I am SOOOOOO happy with it! ITS PERFECT! I had my partner open it and take pics for me as I wasn't there. It looks even bigger than before?! Or is it just me?! But WOW is all I can say! So glad I sent it in!
IMG-20191031-WA0047.jpg IMG-20191031-WA0056.jpg IMG-20191031-WA0052.jpg IMG-20191031-WA0051.jpg
It does look huge! I love it! What was the carat weight again?

SouthernElle

Shiny_Rock
It’s perfection. I’m so happy that it all worked out.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

BMI

Shiny_Rock
:love: The halo looks perfectly shaped to your BEAUTIFUL diamond now, very happy for you!!! :clap: :dance:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I’m happy you’re happy! You must be so relieved it’s perfect now! Congrats. Wear her in good health!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Delighted it's all worked out for you! Wonderful news and well done to James Allen for fixing it with what seems like no fuss.

Eellee44

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!

Here are some hand shots! Love how oval it finally looks :)

20191031_214045.jpg
20191031_204416.jpg 20191031_204405.jpg
Wow looks so much better! So glad you sent it back and had it fixed. I know you were worried about it looking so round. It was definitely the setting! Yay!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very happy it worked out for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results