shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my ring too tight?

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Is my ring too tight? It really is not uncomfortable and I can move the ring (spin it) freely though it is not spinning “on its own.” If I push on the bottom it Pushes up. But it does seem to be giving me a little hug. It is also about 1000% humidity so that may be playing into it; however it does feel snugger or “huggier” than my other rings (although many of my rings are a tad too big and spin freely). It leaves a tiny mark on my finger but so does my wedding band which today is a bit tight also.

D11EB076-CD9C-4CA5-8E36-A764AA6A57C9.jpeg

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Good thought. Does it “look” too tight?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its winter here and most of my rings are now very loose
is it particularly warm where you live ?
btw its a beautiful ring

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It does not look too tight in my opinion. Very pretty ring - the color is beautiful!

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts! It fits perfectly on my left hand middle, but is a tiny bit snugger on my right.

@LilAlex — my age young or my age old lol ? :lol: Does it look too tight age aside?

Yes it is hot and particularly, super humid. Yesterday about 85 with about 95% humidity. My other rings were also on the snug side. It was snug getting it off but other rings were also which is less usual.

Trying to decide if i should ask for it to be stretched out just like 1/8 a size, or leave it as is. I just received it — maybe I should wear it a few days and see if it fluctuates. I wasn’t sure it even can be stretched a bit, but guessing maybe.

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
@lmyracle I have those too so if I had it sized up just a tad—I can use that.

I am not even sure I can have it stretched—the band is engraved—but I think just to stretch it just a bit might be what I would like. However, the fact that I can spin it—maybe, it doesn’t need resized at all. I am trying to decide if that is needed based on how it looks and fits.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look tight to me! What a beautiful ring.

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
@LilAlex -- no worries, I wasn't offended, it's funny. I was just not sure what you meant.

Okay, for now I am leaving as is. I messaged Daniel M (who made it) this morning just to ask and he said it would be easy to move it up like 1/8 size if needed; however I am going to wear it for a bit and see. This afternoon it is not quite as humid/hot and it's a tiny bit looser and moving a bit on it's own so I am not sure it needs it. I'll wear it in different situations and see but felt better knowing it would be easy to do if needed and that I can wear it around before deciding. Thanks for opinions!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring looks great from where I sit. My rings fit much more snug in summer,and I can lose up to a full ring size in winter ( :oops2: yeah I don't know either?) I do have some rings which I never wear in warm weather as they won't fit (LOL)

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you can comfortably wear it when it's hot & humid. Sizing it up may result in it being too loose in cooler/less humid weather. (Some of my rings look tighter than yours in the summer)

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your beautiful ring! I have some that fit on different fingers depending on the season. Glad you decided to just wear and enjoy it for now. It looks great on you!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only you can know if it is too tight.
How can we know what it feels like to you?

If you think it's too tight, then it is.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Really unless we see finger "muffin top" which you dont have btw and can be caused due to heat/the weather, pregnancy, and weight gain then we honestly wont be able to tell from a photo that your ring is too tight.

Since you seem very worried about it maybe have them resize it up by .25

I personally have been sizing mine up by that amount lately for ring projects as me and beau wanna have some more chillens and judging by my last pregnancy...Ill gain quite a bit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results