• 2. No

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • 3. Yes, but it works

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I've had this setting for a few months now, and sometimes I love it, but sometimes I feel that my stone just gets lost. Because I know my stone is not ideal cut, sometimes I think this option is best for me. So please be honest and tell me what you think about this setting.
The stone is a 1.43 carat
Thanks

model_pic.jpg

looks like a big sunflower to me. i think the setting looks awesome if you are into blings.

If you want to emphasize your main stone, this setting is overwhelming.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think it just isnt delicate enough to really seem elegant. Your right, seems like it would get swallowed up.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your ring is very pretty! :love:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like to see a (clear) pic of the ring on your finger - the one photo posted is kind of blurry and overexposured - and I think seeing the ring on your finger would give me a better idea as to whether the melee appears too big for your center stone/ring setting as it appears on your finger... I guess I'm thinking my vote as to relative melee size would depend on your ring size and how the ring fits on your finger.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your center stone and halo. It's larger than most of the halos we see around here, but to me it fits the center stone well... it's just more of a petal look than the delicate micro pave-style halo that's all the rage right now. I don't particularly care for everything going on with the side stones however - princess (or baguettes) and rounds looks a little busy to me.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a real life shot

img_20130324_132747.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here is another one

img_2421.jpg

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
At first I thought it was too big or that the side stones took away from the center stone and melee, but after seeing it on your hand I think it's perfect. Beautiful ring that fits you perfectly.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I quite like the halo. I wonder if you would like it more with a simpler shank.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your ring, just the way it is. Are you thinking about adding a wedding ring? If so, I think that may be too much, but as is, it's beautiful.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone. My only concern is the size of the melee on the halo. I like the baguettes and the size of the shank.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's very pretty and I certainly wouldn't consider changing it so soon!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I guess I'm going to be one of the only ones who thinks the melee is too big. Yes, I think it is. It does overwhelm your stone. I think I would like to see a clear separation from the center stone and this size melee.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heranaderson,
That is my concern, but I have noticed that even smaller melee,from a distance, do not show that separation. I don't like airlines and while I love bezeled halos, my stone would look dull with a bezeled halo.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great in the hand shot.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My initial reaction to the first image was that yes, the melee was too big. However, after seeing it on your finger, I think it looks lovely. It's a pretty ring and it's also a little unique, which again, is a good thing :)

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring but I understand your dilemma. I had a similar issue with a 2 carat G colour radiant cut diamond which my husband had set in platinum surrounded by bling on every surface (at my request). It is a gorgeous ring but I felt that the setting kind of overwhelmed the stone. I toyed with the idea of removing the centre stone and setting it with side trapezoids and having a coloured gemstone custom cut to sit in the existing diamond setting because I felt a coloured stone would work much better with the existing setting. After speaking with my diamond dealer, he suggested that I try plating the top of the setting in pink/rose gold. As he said, it doesn't cost very much and if I don't like it, I can replate it back to the original platinum. Well, I did as he suggested and I am totally delighted with the effect. The centre diamond is now the star of the of the show but prettily showcased by a halo of pink gold and white diamonds. The rest of the setting remained as platinum. I tried to take photos but they came out rubbish but I can assure you the finished results for me are nothing short of amazing. Everyone who has seen it since the makeover have commented on it, even those that never saw it before. Maybe you could try something similar because you can always change it back if it doesn't float your boat!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1364181080|3412689 said:
I quite like the halo. I wonder if you would like it more with a simpler shank.

This was my first thought too when I saw your RL perspective shot. It's a very pretty ring but the shank seems to take away a bit as it is thick and so blingy. I made a mistake with my previous ER setting in that I had a shared prong setting on the shank and it took away from the ER diamond IMO. Or, even a thinner bling shank might work vs the thicker one you currently have...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When looking at the ring itself I initially thought that a more delicate halo would emphasize the stone more but after seeing it on your hand I would say yes but it works. It's absolutley gorgeous on your hand and I wouldn't change it at all.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it as is!!!!!!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP: How big are the melee halo stones?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the halo alot...it's the side baguettes that are too much, imo.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1364184789|3412733 said:
Thanks everyone. My only concern is the size of the melee on the halo. I like the baguettes and the size of the shank.

OP - thanks for posting the new pics - have to say the ring is gorgeous on you - honestly the whole ring works and looks beautiful on your finger - the only way I could see changing the melee to smaller is if you were changing to a slimmer, plainer shank. To my eyes, the current melee size does not overwhelm your center stone, and the halo seems proportional to the overall setting (baguettes and shank).

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think your ring is beautiful. Funny, but I usually think smaller halos don't look as nice as the larger melee halos. JMO

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a fan of halo settings for engagement rings. To me halo ERs look more like cocktail rings -blingy, very blingy. And the mele never looks big enough for me. But the bigger melee works with your center stone as it makes your center stone look more substantial. I think what does it for me are the side baguettes. Would I have designed this ring? No. But I think it is very pretty.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your feedback. Someone asked about the size of the melee...the halo measures 1.9 mm.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
When I saw the first photo, I thought that the melee were too large as well, but I really love how it looks on your finger. To me it looks as though you are wearing both an ering and wedding ring, so I would probably opt not to pair it with a wedding band but rather wear it solo. Maybe wear your wedding band on your RH or vice versa?

I really don't think that there is a right or wrong answer, as you can see, some posters prefer smaller melee and some larger. In the end YOU have to be happy with the ring. FWIW, I think it looks really great on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results