shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my halo to big!!! Help help

Jcass

Rough_Rock
Hey I'm getting this ring made for my future fiancé and I need some opinions on this halo
First the specs radiant cut 2.01 D VS2 7.51 x 7.16 the halo is 2mm and the diamonds are 1.8 mm
Same as the shank image_598.jpg image_599.jpg

I hope you guys can see the pictures. The cad is being made Tuesday so I need to make a final decision
image_601.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My initial impression is "clunky" to be honest.
It lacks an elegant and delicate feel

Jcass

Rough_Rock
I agree, I like that look. In the photo that isn't the finished product the setting is being re made that is why I am trying to get some help, what halo size would you recommend

cchloe

Shiny_Rock
I would ask for 1 point diamonds and for the halo to fit as close as possible to the diamond. Maybe show them photos of exactly how you want it to look.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Was it the halo made for a different stone?
It's a square-oval outside halo that does not follow the square stone. It's a confusing look. The airline accentuates the shape differences. Not sure that the 1.8 melee will be too big or too little (maybe someone will offer a rule of thumb) but the workmanship of the metal should be fine and evenly spaced around the stone.

Jcass

Rough_Rock
Yea this halo fits for a cushion, this is not the final product. The setting is being re made to fit the shape of the diamond. In the end it will fit like this image_54.png

girlmom

Rough_Rock
To be honest, I do think it's a little big. I personally prefer very thin and delicate halos. But that may be personal preference! Good luck!!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
IMO it may depend on the size if finger its for and whether they love a big spread over the finger - I love a big look (though glad your getting the halo shape redone) but does your SO

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results