shape
carat
color
clarity

Is my EGL International Certificate Legitimate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

m1414c

Rough_Rock
I am trying to verify am EGI International certificate. The online website says that this certificate does not exist. I have tried to contact them directly but no response. Does anyone know how else I can authenticate the certificate? The cert. number is 2311828530, 1.52 ct ,radiant, SI1, E color stone. I am dealing with a jeweler that I have known for years and don't want to believe that this is a fake certificate. I would appreciate any help tha ypu can give me. I dont want to go back to the jeweler until I know for sure about the certificate. Thanks

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call the lab or hire an independent appraiser to look at it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2009 12:06:00 PM
Author:m1414c
I am trying to verify am EGI International certificate. The online website says that this certificate does not exist. I have tried to contact them directly but no response. Does anyone know how else I can authenticate the certificate? The cert. number is 2311828530, 1.52 ct ,radiant, SI1, E color stone. I am dealing with a jeweler that I have known for years and don't want to believe that this is a fake certificate. I would appreciate any help tha ypu can give me. I dont want to go back to the jeweler until I know for sure about the certificate. Thanks
Hi Marie

I would give EGL labs a call to verify before proceeding any further with purchase, there could be a completely innocent explanation but from your point of view as a consumer you want to make sure.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/21/2009 12:06:00 PM
Author:m1414c
I am trying to verify am EGI International certificate. The online website says that this certificate does not exist. I have tried to contact them directly but no response. Does anyone know how else I can authenticate the certificate? The cert. number is 2311828530, 1.52 ct ,radiant, SI1, E color stone. I am dealing with a jeweler that I have known for years and don''t want to believe that this is a fake certificate. I would appreciate any help tha ypu can give me. I dont want to go back to the jeweler until I know for sure about the certificate. Thanks
HI Marie,
I hate to use the word "fake"- however the words "completely unreliable" are fitting in this case.
Basically, there are only two Gem Lab dealers trust.
GIA, and AGS.

EGL-USA is though to be the most reliable of the EGl''s- but the fact is, it''s not likely that the diamond you are looking at would grade E/SI1 if the grading was dome by GIA, or AGSL.

There''s not necessarily anything wrong with the diamond (even if the grading is soft)- but the seller should be informing you of the ramifications of the gem lab.

I have found EGL graded diamonds to be of a lesser grading standard than GIA on a consistent basis. If you are not getting good vibes or feedback, and it''s taking you this long to verify a cert, the question is whether you''ve already purchased it and if so, contact the entity you purchased from and if not, I would run the other way.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The report number you''ve given is for an EGL-Israel report. I''m not certain that their reports are verified through the EGL-Europe report verfication. I don''t think they are.

You should know that EGL-Israel is regarded as more lenient in their grading than the EGL-Europe & USA labs, as well as the GIA, AGS & HRD labs.

I say that with the qualification that I have noticed several recent EGL-Israel reports being more accuate than their older reports.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results